1997-2000_NISSAN_Rasheen.jpg

Body Style: 5-door SUV
Engine: 1.5L GA15DE, 1.8L SR18DE, 2.0L SR20DE
Power: 105-145 hp
Torque: 100-132 lb-ft
Weight: 1310 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, four wheel drive
Additional Information: Based on the Nissan Sunny, Nissan made the Rasheen to be a small SUV with offroad capabilities Many people in Japan say its design gives off a Eastern European Look.
You can also get it in the Forza version which gives the rear a more hatchback look.
Most refer it to the last of Nissan's ''Pike'' like cars which produced oddly styled cars such as the Figaro and the S-Cargo.​

nissan_rasheen.jpeg
1997-2000_NISSAN_Rasheen_rear.jpg
Nissan-RasheenForza.JPG
03.jpg
Int1.jpg

What... on... earth? I'm getting lots of mixed signals from this car. It looks like a station wagon that found some brush guards and thinks its ready to take on the Paris-Dakar rally.

Uncool.

This thing looks like it was designed by Tatra, but Nissan scolded them because they said they wanted a SUV, not a station wagon with a roof of an SUV. No wonder they call it Eastern-European styling. At least there was some logical thought put into the Yugo, by making it look like a normal car.

Also, what is with that window in the rear pillars? Were they going for a updated version of the 1970's style "Opera" window on that orange example, but with an edgy twist? I can understand the one on the older models, but why?

And the overall look of that blue one just reeks of tackiness.

Seriously Uncool.

I actually like the quad headlight one a bit. Still looks like something that would commonly be seen puking smoke out of its two stroke engine.

This thing looked 5 years old in 1994.

Looks like it was based off an American car from the 80s, like a giant Dodge Omni.
Ew. SU.

I kind of like it. Looks way better than the craptastic Stanza wagon thing they threw at the US market. Meh

I feel the same about this car as I do the color of my walls. Nothing. I'm have more reaction watching the squirrel in my back yard through the snow digging for bird seed. He's so cute with his chubby little cheeks. Awwww. I wonder if he has an equally cute family? Or babies! Squirrel babies are so adorable! I bet @Danny loves squirrels!

Wait. We were talking about a Nissan, no? I lost my train of thought. But that proves my point. This car doesn't even make a blip on my radar. The definition of meh.

I was puzzled at what kind of car I was looking at. The rear pillars certainly don't look appealing. Then, I saw what the Forza model looked like in the pictures. yeah, this is uncool.

Looks like it was based off an American car from the 80s, like a giant Dodge Omni.
Ew. SU.
Really?
dodgeomni83.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't see the resemblance. If anything, I always thought the Omni looked like a VW Rabbit:
1981-VW-Rabbit-Diesel.jpg

Possibly the most bland looking interior I've ever seen.

Uncool.

I was puzzled at what kind of car I was looking at. The rear pillars certainly don't look appealing. Then, I saw what the Forza model looked like in the pictures. yeah, this is uncool.

Really?
dodgeomni83.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't see the resemblance. If anything, I always thought the Omni looked like a VW Rabbit:
1981-VW-Rabbit-Diesel.jpg
The Nissan looks like an enlarged version of both, a little more modern with the bumpers.

The name is terrible... Too cultural for my taste... They certainly succeeded at making
/matching the name to the visual: Eastern European and I have to add western Asian look!

Yuk! No sense of style.
People tend to say "form follow function", but here even the form barely look functional...
It seems as if Nissan took a Non functional design and gave No Style...
Once again it is terrible!

If they had tried, they could have made this quite attractive... Instead they choose to do the opposite...

Although the interior is boring, it doesn't make you want to go blind like its exterior does...
But I still would much rather be driving the dodge Aries than be caught dead in the obscene thing.
Heck the Pontiac Aztek looks pretty next to this.

I almost puked looking at the side profile of the orange car!

There is at least one other car that I think is worse than this: the Yuma thing...

In the first pic it's horrid, but in the rest, it seemed less horrid to me. Bit of ground clearance, Nissan reliability & stick shift gets a meh from me. I don't think it deserves a "meh"(lol), but that's just me. :dopey:

I actually quite like the styling for whatever reason, but it is definitely something that would have only ever sold well in Japan. Uncool.

I'd vote SZ based on principle of the crap from the last thread, but this isn't in the "spirit" of the cool wall, I'll just go uncool cause 145hp > 82hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back