GTP Cool Wall: 1994-2000 Nissan Rasheen

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 53 comments

1994-2000 Nissan Rasheen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's got an "interesting" name, looks like the kind of cars I was drawing in the back of my Maths book in grade 3, BUT it does have the option of an SR20.

It's only Uncool because of that alone.

I did have to have a laugh at this though:

6171051126960.jpg

The design of the exterior is surely an interesting one in my book. The front looks OK, the rear not so much, but together it doesn't look too bad. It wasn't Nissan's most mainstream looking SUV on the outside, but powertrain and the interior seems average.

Solid meh.

A solid cool for me, especially with the SR20. Not flashy, one of the first crossovers really. Yeah, I think it's cool.

Umm so anyway...never saw this before but like it a lot, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't FWD. Utilitarian retro styling that works OK for me, less obvious than the other Pike cars (though not sure it really fits that mould as they were all Micra-based) but I liked those too. Solid enough underpinnings, reminds me in some respects of the Tercel. Solid Cool.

One four-day weekend during the Meijer Restoration, the Nissan's design and research and development squads were sent out on a retreat, but they made sure to bring their own sandwiches. It was a cold and frigid spell, yet a perfect and emblematic way to celebrate the Transit of Kelowna. During the extended chanting sessions of Ceres' nitzer ebb, the High Priestess of Kissimmee descended upon the Nissan crew, arranging good tidings to those who'd create a vehicle designed for wandering the Deserts of Appalachia. This vehicle would keep the occupants safe from the inevitable showdown between the American Touristers and the American Standards.

Foraging what materials they could, the brave Nissan troubadours, pompadours, and four-doors created a vehicle out of Rubbermaid containers and discarded Handi-Snack utensils, and named it for the warrior princess of El Acidophilus and designed it for the rugged terrain of Milton Waddams' driveway. For seven long years, this vehicle performed stellar duty in the corner spots of parking garages, let stereo systems fall off the back of trucks, voted for toaster reforms, pledged for mandatory sewing machine safety videos, and introduced the free kick to squash tournaments. And yet, all you can do is call this a Chinese knockoff?

The moral of the story is, don't leave out rye bread sandwiches in extremely cold weather.

Last edited:
A few certain posts are now missing. There's no reason whatsoever to continue bringing up the Aries so just let it drop, please.

- - - - -

The proportions of the Rasheen looks all wrong and it bothers me to no end. Coupled with it looking like a stretched Yugo with spare parts from the rejected bin, I have to go with Uncool.

TB
So I should have gone with a dude in North Dakota agrees with many Japanese dudes? :P

Maybe. Although I can't get the Yugo comparison out of my head when I look at it now. Thanks NoDak.

I'm kind of surprised they never made a version where that last roof section comes off. Those were still oddly popular at the time, and it looks like it was designed for it.

Looks like the Nissan stylists decided "ehh, we'll square the corners and scale up the Pao and make an SUV" Porsche lazy in terms of design but still sorta has a funk factor that the 911 can't hope to match. It's a car that will divide opinions between those who like it and those who don't. Cool in my opinion

The more I look at it, the more I fail to see how it even came to exist.

That should in reality make it SZ.

It doesn't. SU.

Back