1995-1999 Hyundai Accent

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1995-1999 Hyundai Accent nominated by Joey D

1996_hyundai_accent_2dr-hatchback_l_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1995-1999 (1995-2006 in Egypt)
Style: 2-door coupe, 3-door hatchback, 4-door sedan, 5-door hatchback
Engine: 1.3L 12-valve inline-4 (rated 85 HP), 1.5L 12-valve inline-4 (rated 92 HP), 1.5L 16-valve inline-5 (rated 105 HP)
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, front-drive
AKA: Hyundai Excel, Hyundai Pony, Bimantara Cakra, Kia Qianlima, and Dodge Brisa​

Can we set a new record for least cool car on the wall? There's some stiff competition in place. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Uhh...

Well, there's nothing special about this car from what I can see. It's a generic 90's car, and probably performs appropriately.

MEH

When it comes to boring cars. There is nothing that comes within miles of this thing.

It's an extremely boring looking car with a boring engine made at a time when Hyundai had no idea what they were doing.

Kill it with fire!

So you turn up to a girl's house in this. "What the hell is that thing?" she says. You mumble something. "What?" she asks. You mumble something. "I don't understand" she says.

"Sorry, it's just my accent."

Guaranteed sex. Cool.

A car designed to simply move people from A to B without thrills. Perfect for what it does, but that doesn't make it cool.

Seriously uncool.

Seriously uncool does not do this car justice. It's just a thing that nobody will notice on the streets. As James May said, it's not an Accent, it's an Accident.

Not even the one-make series we have here can save this car. It falls apart under every cycle of the moon, it's slow, it's boring, it's ugly and it's also one of Australia's most riced up cars.

The Excel is the absolute, bottom-line, definition of Seriously Uncool.

With a few simple bolt-ons this car would be beyond awesome. It's also named the Pony in select markets and we all know ponies are the coolest thing in the world. By all accounts this car should be Sub-Zero.

So you turn up to a girl's house in this. "What the hell is that thing?" she says. You mumble something. "What?" she asks. You mumble something. "I don't understand" she says.

"Sorry, it's just my accent."

Guaranteed sex. Cool.

I'm not so sure.

Because the 'thing' really doesn't look like anything a girl would say anything about.

Uncool, and mostly god awful.

Seriously uncool.

Official car of poor high school/college kids and traveling tupperware salesman.

Well, the rally car is in GT4...Pfft. Chicks dig men in unthreatening cars. Makes them look like nice guys.

There is a big difference between unthreatening and 'is it going to get us there?' A Hyundai of this vintage is definitely in the latter category. A friend of mine had a Tiburon of about this period, and it decidedly ejected a con-rod through the block. It was all stock and he didn't even abuse it.

Back