Drivetrain: Front engine, all wheel drive/Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door SUV​
800px-VX3quarter.JPG

Isuzu_VehiCROSS_rear.jpg

VX3quarter2007_600.jpg

IsuzuVehicross.jpg

Isuzu-VehiCross.jpg

1999-isuzu-vehicross-photo-334700-s-1280x782.jpg

Unlike Citroën C4 Cactus which could be much better with different front-end, this is ugly all around the car.

Concept car looks on the road. I've never run across one driven by a knob. Isuzu also made sure it could handle itself offroad to a reasonable degree. The polished wheels are ugly, but otherwise, this is one of the greatest road-going examples of the term "cult classic".

Can't vote it less than Cool.

Looks like it was styled by a partially blind man so it doesn't out-ugly the Aztek. Still Seriously Uncool.

This actually was a fun car from TXR3. Had fun with the 100% unrealistic swap options you could do in there.

Cool.

It's an Izusu so it probably handles great off road. But this thing just looks terrible. Those headlights. The rear.

I think the guy who designed it was still designing the rear when he looked at the front, had some sort of stroke and with his dying breath finished designing the rear. And failed. Uncool.

It looks like a slightly larger car that has had the air let out of it.

The proportions look way off; the glass area is too small, the plastic bits are too large, and it looks too short for its height. I'm rarely a fan of small SUVs, especially ones which are trying to be stylish (see chrome wheels etc), and this one seems to epitomise all of the things I dislike about them. Seriously uncool.

I'm going to be the minority here, but I think this is possibly one of the coolest vehicles ever made. It's quirky such a degree that you own one for the sheer joy of owning one, plus you had to look past things like the 4Runner, Cherokee, Pathfinder, etc. to end up deciding that "yes, this is the off-roader I want". I find that sort of thing cool.

Also this happens to be on a very short list of cars I would love to own and would actually spend real money on.

Knee-jerk "what a fugly POS" reaction gave way to a "but it's quirky in an OK way and people like myself may look back on it fondly as some sort of idiosyncratic classic" delayed reaction, which nets off to a Meh.

So, a good portion of cars here are uncool?

Yeah I was just thinking about those 1400 or so "uncool" cars in Gran Turismo...the fickle hand of fate.

Back