Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible​
1998_Pontiac_Firebird_Trans_Am_Ram_Air_003_2428.jpg

pontiac-firebird-trans-am-ws6-01.jpg

image-jpg.102503

And @Harry6784's because there's no good pics of them on the internet:
3399820P1360944.jpg

3512797P1360949.jpg

Curator's Comments: I posted this nomination today because I realized I accidentally posted two polls on one day and then two on the next, so I'm posting these to get back on schedule. There will not be polls posted tomorrow.

Always thought the Firebirds (post '60s) looked way better than their Camaro counterparts. And pop up headlights.

Solid cool.

Last edited:
It HAD to come with an Automatic..

An unfortunate fact yes, but at least there was also a manual available.

As for the Firebird, it is one badass muscle car. Too bad we will probably never see one of these again, since Pontiac is now dead and buried. The owners of said cars are the main thing that worries me, it's either a proper muscle car person (good) or some random Fast & Furious-esque goon who just slaps nitrous bottles all over the car and call his ride hardcore (bad).

But I'd say the looks overrun that issue, I personally think it's a cool car.

Low Cool, I like the looks, I bet the LS motor sounds nice, and it has pop up headlights. Pop Up headlights are very cool! Though, what keeps this going any higher would be how not cool some of the owners are. I mean, there is a good possibility that an owner of one of these or its rebadge brother, the Camaro will be an annoying GM fanboy. GM fanboys to me are some of the most annoying out of all of the car fanboys, they will drone on and on about the LS engine and blab other stuff. oh, and they can be quite childish and talk smack about cars owned by others.

Sure, other fanboys will do something similar of course, but I've heard it more from GM fanboys.

Always thought the Firebirds looked way better than their Camaro counterparts. And pop up headlights.

Solid cool.

The picture above looks OK - though I think that cars on big wheels and lowered? Normally these look pretty rubbish.

Little knowledge of these cars... was the Camero basically the same car?

I lived in the US in 98/99 and a friend had a Camero with a manual 'box. I can't remember what engine was in it, but the gearbox and clutch were terrible - super heavy clutch and a gearbox that felt like it belonged in a 40T truck. Went really sideways though :D

The picture above looks OK - though I think that cars on big wheels and lowered? Normally these look pretty rubbish.

I lived in the US in 98/99 and a friend had a Camero with a manual 'box. I can't remember what engine was in it, but the gearbox and clutch were terrible - super heavy clutch and a gearbox that felt like it belonged in a 40T truck. Went really sideways though :D

Pretty much, even from the '60s IIRC.

For all of the grandstanding I do about "true horsepower" dick waving with the owners of these cars, I gotta say...

"325 hp" :lol:

Also, it should be said that that particular slushbox was pretty good if you had an engine that actually made power behind it; and the 6 speed wasn't the best either. I think I'd rather have the former.

Last edited:
After 1993, yeah. They were no longer selling well enough to justify separate engineering between the two like before, so the biggest difference was that the Firebird generally got higher performance packages sooner than the Camaro did.

Classic example of a modern interpretation of a muscle car gone wrong, appeared in NFS High Stakes though, but that's not enough to redeem itself. Uncool.

Not a single stock car in all of the pictures.

This. Shouldn't be putting a car up for voting that doesn't have a single stock representation.

Uncool. I've always liked this generation, even if it was the very definition of OTT.

SZ. Whats not to love about a RWD LS1? Yeah the interior is crap (seats are nice though w/ leather interior), and they are heavy but they can throw their weight around well and handle amazing for a live axle car. I prefer the understated looks of the Firebird Formulas. Same engine/drivetrain, less over the top bodywork.

Ugly, and uncool. The Camaro looked better and didn't try nearly as hard but it only gets a meh from me when it comes up for vote. The Fail body, is a great name and very representative of those who own and parade around as if they have the ultimate car to modify.

Low Cool, I like the looks, I bet the LS motor sounds nice, and it has pop up headlights. Pop Up headlights are very cool! Though, what keeps this going any higher would be how not cool some of the owners are. I mean, there is a good possibility that an owner of one of these or its rebadge brother, the Camaro will be an annoying GM fanboy. GM fanboys to me are some of the most annoying out of all of the car fanboys, they will drone on and on about the LS engine and blab other stuff. oh, and they can be quite childish and talk smack about cars owned by others.

Sure, other fanboys will do something similar of course, but I've heard it more from GM fanboys.

Saying that around here on the GTP with all Fordboys and Mustangs in polls takes some real gumption.

As for the car...
I'm going Uncool.
Can't stand the way it looks (giving it SU) but love the fact it's a heavy hitting V8 with RWD (balancing out to only uncool, maybe meh at best).

Sub Zero. I'd take this over any Camaro, and even over some Corvettes. However, I would put in LT5 from C4 ZR1 in it, just to rustle jimmies.

Think you'd have serious problems getting an LT5 to fit. Even the LS1 was packed in like a sardine can. The true troll solution would be the 3800 converted to turbocharging.

Last edited:
Saying that around here on the GTP with all Fordboys and Mustangs in polls takes some real gumption.
Yeah, I should take the fanboys of Fords into consideration as well for the next ford based thread.

I've always pictured guys who still have their mullet driving these. Not a fan, uncool, almost meh.

Back