Weight: 730 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, four-wheel drive​

4DC91C1C-2CB0-4F37-AA3E-AD63B246A09A_zpsbv2y3xow.jpg
D5C583A1-D9A1-4F42-BA70-4CD60783D31F_zpsywdov7n1.jpg
8D5DE80D-7128-4BA5-93D0-6447395C965F_zpsvlxajsfl.jpg

How much can a carry actually carry?
Seems like an ironic name at best.
Can't tell how serious you're being, but given the width of some streets in Japan, the answer is "more than [insert rest-of-world pickup/van here]". A pickup that's too big to get to its destination won't carry as much as a Carry...

Regardless, I'm voting uncool. I like fitness for purpose and I like the concept of vehicles that become an indelible part of the landscape of a given city or country. But ultimately the Suzuki Carry is little more than a tool of the trade, and therefore not cool.

I do have a soft spot for those that go drifting in them etc though. Getting your automotive kicks whatever vehicle you have is pretty cool, but that's not really what we're voting on here.

Do I even have to explain? It's a small, cute truck (if you can call it that) with only sixty-three horsepower and such a tiny engine because Japan is full of ignorant environmentalists. Its fuel economy is way too high to be fun.. It needs the engine of a Viper, a Lambo, or a Veyron. Those cars throw a huge "🤬 you!" to Al Gore and his cronies. There is absolutely nothing cool about this car; make it share its place with the Prius where it belongs!

Okay. It reminds me of the Daihatsu Midget II. Sub-zero.

Can't tell how serious you're being, but given the width of some streets in Japan, the answer is "more than [insert rest-of-world pickup/van here]". A pickup that's too big to get to its destination won't carry as much as a Carry...

Regardless, I'm voting uncool. I like fitness for purpose and I like the concept of vehicles that become an indelible part of the landscape of a given city or country. But ultimately the Suzuki Carry is little more than a tool of the trade, and therefore not cool.

I do have a soft spot for those that go drifting in them etc though. Getting your automotive kicks whatever vehicle you have is pretty cool, but that's not really what we're voting on here.
Mmkay, but that still doesn't answer the question.

It would be a much more useful carrying tool with more power, without needing to be any bigger.
Japanese regulations don't sway my perception of the vehicle.

It would be a much more useful carrying tool with more power, without needing to be any bigger.
Japan's urban speed limits are around 25mph. The country's national speed limit is about 62mph. And items exist in this world that need moving from place to place that don't require a payload of several tons in order to move them.

Why would giving it more power make it more useful?
Japanese regulations don't sway my perception of the vehicle.
I'm sure they don't, but that doesn't stop the vehicle above being ideally suited to the environment for which it was designed.

Japan's urban speed limits are around 25mph. The country's national speed limit is about 62mph. And items exist in this world that need moving from place to place that don't require a payload of several tons in order to move them.

Why would giving it more power make it more useful?

I'm sure they don't, but that doesn't stop the vehicle above being ideally suited to the environment for which it was designed.
Seems like the items could fit into a normal car.
Most things so large that you need a truck for are heavy, something this vehicle would have difficulty with.

If your arguing it's usefulness in Japan, I don't care.
It's useless and stupid in my world. I know Im not allowed to have opinions like that, but I do anyway.

Most things so large that you need a truck for are heavy, something this vehicle would have difficulty with.

I guess there are some owners who are just funny about transporting crates of smelly fish, cages of live chickens, soily vegetables, plants crawling with insects etc in the passenger compartment of their vehicles.

It's a truck.

It's not big enough.

It's not macho.

There's no V8.

Instant SU.

Seriously...nah you trollin

I guess there are some owners who are just funny about transporting crates of smelly fish, cages of live chickens, soily vegetables, plants crawling with insects etc in the passenger compartment of their vehicles.

Oh yes, there is an entire sub-group of those freaks.

The bed seems shallow for carrying much of that, I suppose it has a purpose.
The purpose range of it is extremely specific though. For carrying not much stuff to places you can't use a more effecient transporting vehicle.

It having what appears to be a small cult following makes it even less cool. SU.

SZ, my old man used to have them, but the older Carry from the 7th and 8th gen ( ST Series ), it was popular back then together with Daihatsu Hijet :) Pretty good for learning to drift in the wet ( the rwd version ) :P or carrying people ( van ) or stuff around town ( pickup )

The bed seems shallow for carrying much of that, I suppose it has a purpose.
The purpose range of it is extremely specific though. For carrying not much stuff to places you can't use a more effecient transporting vehicle.

It having what appears to be a small cult following makes it even less cool. SU.

I think 'half of Japan' is a good enough purpose for such a vehicle, don't you think?

SVX
I think 'half of Japan' is a good enough purpose for such a vehicle, don't you think?

Not just "half of Japan", Carry has been around the world, from Asia, South America, Australasia, Middle East, India to some parts of Europe ( UK ). It has many names, from Bedford/Vauxhall Rascal, Chevrolet Super Carry/CMV/CMP, Autozam Scrum, Daewoo Damas, Mitsubishi Colt T120SS, Holden Scurry, Ford Pronto, Maruti Omni, etc

Around half of the "normal cars" sold in Japan also fit into kei-car regulations, just like this truck.

And inevitably there are things you'd want to carry when running a business that you wouldn't want messing up the back seats or the luggage area: hence vans and pickups.
"Most things". Like what? I doubt people down narrow Japanese side streets have much use for say, large quantities of lumber, or the ability to tow a speedboat. They may have use for small vans delivering local goods however.
If your arguing it's usefulness in Japan, I don't care.
I'm abundantly aware you don't care. That doesn't mean it isn't useful.
It's useless and stupid in my world.
Just as well your world isn't urban Japan then, isn't it?
I know Im not allowed to have opinions like that, but I do anyway.
You are allowed to have opinions like that, but opinions are only worth listening to when they're based on knowledge.

A true car enthusiast vehicle. Mid-Engined, 4WD, lightweight, has a turbo, and can come with a 5-speed manual at that. What more could you ask for?
Horsepower isn't that important, is it?
More power. Though then again, this isn't really that kind of vehicle.

How much does the aftermarket provide for kei cars?

Back