New York
Jahgee1124
1999-2004 Ford SVT F150 Lightning nominated by @SVT Cobra GT
Ford-F-150_SVT_Lightning_2004_photo_01.jpg

Body: 2-Door Standard-cab Pickup
Engines: 5.4L V8
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Power Output: 360 HP (380 HP after 2000)

Worst generation Ford pickups as it is and and I never have much of a crap about Lightnings or other sport trucks. Meh.

Definitely less cool than the Raptor, but still cool because of the supercharger... and not too many other reasons.

It's an F-150, but not like my F-150... the rules state your own car is seriously uncool, but this is only sort of my car.

Therefore, I will abstain. Courteously.

Last edited:
Should be epically seriously uncool. But I got the pleasure of driving one a few years back and there's just no getting around how childishly fun it is to drive. I wanted to hate it so bad, but it's just one of those vehicles that makes you grin every time you go near the throttle, so much so that it was addicting. I should have bought that truck. I really do wish I had. I've driven a lot of V8 cars since then, but none made me just feel as giddy (in a Feelgood way) as the Lightning did on a 45 minute test drive. Cool.

I like the idiocy of shoving a powerful engine under the bonnet of a humdrum truck, and from a juvenile point of view I imagine it's quite fun to drive.

However, I'd be embarrassed to be seen in one. Seriously uncool.

I like your avatar: 205 GTI ?!!

SERIOUSLY UNCOOL. Easiest one this far. Slapping a performance oriented motor on pick-up truck is about as reasonable and pointless as jet-powered trains.

Coming from living with these over here. These are cool things to be seen in.

Not a lot of people know what it is and most have forgotten the Top Gear segment where Jeremy Clarkson slammed everything about it without realising the RHD conversion was done by a dealership who employed high school dropouts and are no longer with us.

Everytime were out in ours and some d**k in a Range Rover sport drives about an inch off our rear and wants us to move over, he just cannot keep up and then once the next set of lights comes up he doesn't even look at us. And our old black one used to scare the crap out of people I hated at school.

Cool.

I absolutely love these things; the absurdity, and no real point to them being made makes them awesome, just like the Syclone. That said, it said, it is still a late 90s pick-up at the end of the day, which means its a lot like a Civic; relatively mundane (performance aside), yet still inoffensive. The stupid Altezza lights they added during the minor refresh slightly bring it down too. I give it a high meh, bordering on cool.

Sports trucks are completely pointless. Not even sharing the engine block with the Ford GT can't save this from Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
Always loved the Lightning. Never cared for this gen F-150, but Ford managed to make the Lightning look good. And it was still semi-usable as a truck.

Sub Zero.

I love this thing because ridiculous. There is no sense to look for because the very idea doesn't make any, yet they made it and sold it like freaking hot cakes because fun. The fact that they made it, alone, grants it a cool from me.

What? You're saying trucks shouldn't have V8's, even for non-performance use?
It just seems like it's pointless to put a V8 in a truck this size, I can understand big trucks that actually tow things but,, in my opinion a V8 seems silly (but awesome) in a truck this size.

Latest Posts

Back