GTP Cool Wall: 2000-2007 Ford Mondeo

  • Thread starter Thread starter GranTurismo916
  • 40 comments
  • 4,475 views

2000-2007 Ford Mondeo


  • Total voters
    113
  • Poll closed .
Meh, not cool but not uncool either.
 
A-to-B transportation. Meh.
 
Since the only cool thing about this range has already been polled, it's Uncool.
 
Wait, there are people who actually think that this is the same as a Mk1 Focus with a facelift? People are that thick?
 
A good handling Camry or a duller Mazda 6 your pick.

Meh
 
Such a brilliant car - not great interior quality/finish compared to Audi's, and the engines were nowhere near best in class, but so good in every other area... fantastic steering/drive train/handling, loads of room inside, well built and reasonably handsome for a 4 door rep-mobile (a ST Estate in the right colour still looks really good to my eyes).

Saddled with the rep-mobile baggage and just too common to be cool, but too good in every other area to uncool.

Meh.
 
I just put meh, there's not really much of anything to make it cool or uncool. It's just a meh family car, much like any other normal family car.

Though, I still find it funny on how the facelifted Focus sold in the US looks so much like this Mondeo. Though, it wouldn't be the first time Ford has given 2 of their cars similar styling.

EDIT: I will note that I actually like this generation of the Mondeo; I kinda wish Ford kept sold this generation in the US as the Contour again.
 
Last edited:
I am very, very close to buying one within the month..


Clear the streets. Parents, keep your children in their rooms.
Danny might be driving on a road near you very soon.
 
Very solid car and I like the styling, but it's still a relatively modern generic family/fleet car, which means it can't possibly exceed a Meh.
 
Back