GTP Cool Wall: 2001-2003 Toyota Estima Hybrid (XR30)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 49 comments
  • 4,699 views

2001-2003 Toyota Estima Hybrid (XR30)


  • Total voters
    114
  • Poll closed .
Probably one of the coolest minivans ever. Uncool.
 
It just gets worse the further back you go. :sick:
 
estima_enthusia.jpg


That's about all I've got to contribute on this one.
 
Never exactly understood the mass hate for CVTs, they aren't that bad.

I get the appeal of CVTs as they are smooth at low speeds, but a car designed primarily for low speed driving is not classified as cool in my opinion.
 
Solid uncool and I don't really need to say why.
 
Hybrid soccermums car
Need I say more?
 
Well, this is certainly uncool. Sure, it's the world's first minivan, but that's just it. It's a minivan, one of the most uncool kind of vehicles you can drive. Not just that, it also has factory chrome taillights.
 
I don't understand the hate for being an hybrid. But for being an ugly minivan that tries to hard to be cool is most certainly seriously uncool
 
If a pig was a car, that'd be it.
Other than the fact this minivan is the opposite of "tasty", i agree.

When i think of this and any minivan, i think of mums driving their kids to school or to a park.
 
Never exactly understood the mass hate for CVTs, they aren't that bad.
Couple the occasionally irrational hate that regular slushboxes already get with how earlier CVTs feel like a crappy slushbox that is perpetually slipping. Couple that with how those early slushboxes were almost always paired with gutless economy cars or hybrids (and the baggage they carry), which makes the slipping feeling even worse and the endless drone happen without much forward progress to show for it.


Then couple all that with how a lot of people have never driven one.
 
Is this related to the Previa? It looks a bit like an egg. It's uncool because I cannot see any features that makes me scream I'd want to drive one. Maybe sit in the backseat but not drive.
 
This was the second generation Previa.
I knew it looked familiar. The Previa was silly looking so this continues the tradition.
 
Even worse than the already humdrum Sienna. SU.
 
Whilst it's hardly a cool vehicle, by any stretch of the imagination, it also has no pretensions to be anything other than what it is. It's not aspirational in any way and it's inoffensive looking enough, if dull. Uncool, but can't give it a seriously so.
 
I get the appeal of CVTs as they are smooth at low speeds
That's about all that CVTs are good for. I drive a Nissan Sentra with a CVT and while it is smooth to drive in city traffic, it becomes rather annoying on highways or any other road that demands higher speeds. Hard acceleration in a CVT is probably the worst bit about it.
 
Back