Body Style:
3-door hatchback
Engine: 13.1kW DC electric motor, 13kW 3-phase AC electric motor
Power: 17 hp
Torque: 38 ft-lbs
Weight: 565-665 kg
Transmission: Single-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: The G-Wiz was a small electric quadricycle designed for urban use. It's most popular market was in the UK, especially around London. 2008 saw an update to the drive system going from a DC to AC motor which boosted range to 50 miles. The car's final update came in 2009 with the standard batteries replaced with lithium-ion which took the range up to 75 miles. Until late 2009, this was the best selling electric vehicle in the world until production ended in 2012.​

gee-wizz-580x350_84164a.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg
g-whizz-interior1.jpg

Hideous, slow, cramped, dangerous, tacky... It is horrible in every sense! :boggled: SU.

SU initially, but then I remembered Ylvis once put a train horn on one of these and scared people. Uncool.

Definitely not a tall person car, just look at that legroom!

Seriously Uncool.

Hmm, this thing is interesting. It looks really, really practical, especially on tight urban streets. Also, it's an electric car, so it's fairly good at saving the planet.

However, it doesn't seem as attractive as other cars its size (keis especially). Even without voting, I can sense that Jahgee voted Sub-Zero, and he's a well-known "SZ when most vote SU" hipster, which is uncool by default.

I'm abstaining for now.

Just imagine you are driving around the city desperately looking for a parking spot and you see this:

img_0366-jpg.558290

Seriously Uncool.

Even worse when you find two of the damn things in one spot.
DoubleParkES_468x251.jpg

Hyper-SU.

I'm sure electric cars like this have set back the public perception of such vehicles by at least a few decades.

SU, although still cooler than the reg plate on the black Merc van.

Top Gear loved to make fun of this car. It really is a horrible vehicle in every sense of the word. Uncool.

In before ironic Subzero votes...

Crap. Too late.

I'm fully aware that this nomination is just another case of fishing for Uncool votes, but knowing several suckers whose lives were ruined by this car... it can't be anything less than Seriously Uncool.

It's a great concept as a way of getting around a large, busy metropolis. Especially one where the weather can be largely crappy meaning a scooter or bike isn't ideal. But it's not cool. Uncool.

Back