GTP Cool Wall: 2002 Mazda MX-5 SP

2002 Mazda MX-5 SP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh. I like the addition of the turbo (some will no doubt argue that's how all MX-5s should've come from factory) and the fact that it looks exactly like a normal NB gives it an 'underdog' kind of personality.

But that's also a problem; since its effectively identical to a standard NB, no one will look at it twice, and that - whilst it isn't a bad thing - isn't exactly cool.

I think I'll go with meh. On one hand, you would have to explain to people it's a special edition MX-5, but on the other; the car doesn't seem ridiculous in the other perspectives. I mean, it's nothing obnoxious that will annoy people and I don't think that many jerks and morons will be driving them.

Though personally, I don't know why some car geeks even bother explaining that nonsense to average people who probably don't care. If I ever own a special edition car, I would never explain it to someone unless they ask a bit more about it.

I don't get why the discussion is centering around the "having to tell people it's a special edition" thing. Even if nobody realizes it's a special edition, it's still an MX-5. All MX-5s are cool.

I belive it's a cool MX-5. I like the pop ups, but I think these look better. 200+hp turbocharged MX-5 makes it's a tiny bit cooler.

Meh. I like the older generation Miata's better, and I find them to be much cooler over all. This one just seems forced.

Meh. I like the older generation Miata's better, and I find them to be much cooler over all. This one just seems forced.

How does one force what is basically the same car but with different headlamps?

How does one force what is basically the same car but with different headlamps?
I'm not really sure, the headlights are such a dramatic change that it just seems like it's trying harder for some reason.

I'm not really sure, the headlights are such a dramatic change that it just seems like it's trying harder for some reason.

hqdefault.jpg

There's nothing wrong with liking the NA over the NB.

Miata-philes do it all the time. Despite the NB being better in almost every measurable way. :lol:

I'm not denying that this is most definitely the better car, I just don't think it's as cool as it's predecessor :P

Low cool, because MX-5. Even if the NB is the least cool of the family.

A faster-than-normal MX-5 that doesn't look like anything special, so nobody asks, so you don't have to explain. Cool.

*Questions why you rate it sub zero*

Not saying it shouldn't deserve it, just curious as to why you like it so much.

Oh. I've been in love with this car ever since my eyes first saw one. I loved the look. I remember the very first time I sat in it when my dad test drove one. It felt so amazing. The shifter position, the steering wheel, the dashboard, the response time, the feeling of the wind blowing in your hair. It was amazing. Also chicks dig it. :P

Oh. I've been in love with this car ever since my eyes first saw one. I loved the look. I remember the very first time I sat in it when my dad test drove one. It felt so amazing. The shifter position, the steering wheel, the dashboard, the response time, the feeling of the wind blowing in your hair. It was amazing. Also chicks dig it. :P
Same reason I voted cool, you just value those more I guess :P.

But seriously, affordable turbocharged convertible = pretty damn cool.

Is there any car you don't like? :lol:

This is not a thing that should have become a thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Miata/MX-5, regardless of generation or special edition = cool.

Not subzero.

Not meh.

Cool.

To people who know nothing about cars it's a wannabe sports car.

The people who know a little about cars remember the dozen times they received a sermon from a 17-year old pastor of the Latter Day Church of Track Day Bro.

Those people make up 97% of the people who will see this car. They will not think this is cool.

The people who know a little about cars remember the dozen times they received a sermon from a 17-year old pastor of the Latter Day Church of Track Day Bro.

Those people make up 97% of the people who will see this car. They will not think this is cool.
I'm in the 3 percent, and this is coming from a guy who, normally, if it isn't Italian v12s or American big blocks, could care less...

To people who know a little about cars remember the dozen times they received a sermon from a 17-year old pastor of the Church of Track Day Bro.

My definition of "cool" is the ability of a car to get a random, attractive potential partner to knock boots with the driver.

Cute, understated, yet masculine convertible sports car?

Too bad there's no backseat to do it in...

Least aesthetically pleasing of the three body styles of MX5, (well for me anyway). Not uncool but struggles for a cool vote from me.. so meh it is.

This is not a thing that should have become a thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Miata/MX-5, regardless of generation or special edition = cool.

Not subzero.

Not meh.

Cool.

I'm being consistent with my voting. I voted the regular MX-5/Miata Seriously Uncool as well.

Back