• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2004-2006 Ford GT nominated by xXKingJoshXx

Ford_GT_High_Quality.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2004-2006
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 330 ci/5,408 cc supercharged OHC V8 (rated 550 HP & 500 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Layout: Mid-engine, Rear-drive​

My take? Sub Zero should be the only option here. And don't bring up Clarkson's specimen, that's the only one I've heard of being unreliable and I'm not so sure it wasn't sabotaged during the manufacturing process by a Ford employee tired of Clarkson's America-bashing.

Last edited:
I once saw one these, it looked exactly like the one pictured, so it is damn sexy. So many reasons to give it Sub-Zero, but i can't be bothered.

I once saw one these, it looked exactly like the one pictured, so it is damn sexy. So many reasons to give it Sub-Zero, but i can't be bothered.

Wow

That's... almost exactly what I said when I saw the thread title.

"There are so many things that make this car sub-zero worthy.. but I just can't be bothered."

Sub-Zero.

It has a supercharger, check. It has a V8, check. It's a homage to one of the coolest Le Mans racers of the 60s, and it looks really 🤬 sexy. Home run.

Sub-zero. The one supercar built in the last 10 years that is coming close to doubling in value for even modest examples (I believe values started rising even after 5 years) & possibly never having depreciated in the first place. I think the Carrera GT is probably the only other supercar of this era that has started to rise in value alongside the Ford.

These are definite collector cars that will easily top $500,000 in another decade, possibly less.

It's cool and when you actually read about it and learn why it's quite a great car you gain more respect for it. However, it isn't the original car that it tries to be or picks up from being and due to that I can't give it sub-zero. Also it's become an instant classic and retains its value and then some so a smart investment as well for those who probably would have never guessed it.

Not sub-zero - it's not the original - but a hefty cool.

I've only ever seen two of these on the road. One was at a petrol station in Dubai. The other was in Newcastle while I was at university:

4530_650062792403_7260440_n.jpg

On "bloody hell, it's a Ford GT" factor alone, it gets a cool.
Yeah I've only seen two myself probably the least seen car by me in the modern rare car category.

Does it need an explanation really? Unquestionable Sub-Zero. I also understand and kinda agree with the cool by @homeforsummer, it's not the real deal, but it makes up for that enogh to go to sub-zero

I'm not sure that retro works on a super car. It's a great car though, but one that I've never had any desire for - even as a Ford guy. A low, indifferent cool.

And don't bring up Clarkson's specimen, that's the only one I've heard of being unreliable.​

It's not so much how reliable it is, as few supercars truly are. It's the fact that Clarkson actually owned one.

That's like... errh... liking the same polka music your grandfather likes.

Thank goodness, the Ford GT is not polka music. I'd liken it to "The Darkness"... a very retro-vibe, but not done in a slavishly by-the-numbers manner. Therefore sub-zero.

Well, maybe it looks exactly like the original. Somehow. Without sharing any dimensions or body panels. And it just happens to be a whole lot bigger, heavier and less aerodynamic... and then it's owned by people like Clarkson...

Errh.

Sod it. Still sub-zero.

To me it's uncool, it doesn't have much class, or sophistication and it's just a remake of a 50 year old iconic race car. I can think of many other super cars I would rather have over the Ford.

Part of me says seriously uncool because of the GT40.
I don't like the fact that they made an obese copy of such a legendary piece of automotive history.

In isolation though, I think it's a cool car.
That exhaust sound alone should be enough to scare everyone* silly and run for the cool vote button.

*except @Famine of course.

Sub-zero all the way. I've seen a stock one at a car show and one upgraded to 850 HP at the same show. The area the show was held in is by no means one known for supercars.

But the true reason for choosing Sub-zero, is because of the GT40 and its legacy.

Last edited:
Best American supercar ever made. A Lotus Elise x2. Very few cars I would prefer to a GT. Because they were a limited run, if somebody out there is driving one around, they aren't doing so because it's the freshest, hottest, newest toy around, they are driving it because they adore it. While that is seriously uncool for non-car people, it is sub zero for those who know.

Back