GTP Cool Wall: 2004-2006 HSV Senator (Z Series)

2004-2006 HSV Senator (Z Series)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2004-2006 HSV Senator (Z Series) nominated by @ToyGTone
1920px-2004-2006_HSV_Senator_%28Z_Series%29_sedan_01.jpg

Engines:
6.0L V8 (GM LS2)
Power: 392 hp
Torque: 391 lb-ft.
Weight: 1750 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
2004-2006_HSV_Senator_(Z_Series)_sedan_03.jpg

2004-2006_HSV_Senator_(Z_Series)_sedan_02.jpg

2004-2006_HSV_Senator_(Z_Series)_sedan_04.jpg

hsv-z-series-1-big.JPG

2006_Hsv_Senator_Mark_Skaife_Signature_Edition_Z_Series_13801950.jpg

Last edited:
Still looks incredibly aggressive as all HSVs do, but the Z-Series Senators do at least look a bit more handsome than its predecessors and indeed the Clubsport.

Cool.

6.0 litre V6? :P

I'll give it a cool. Seems like a brash, relatively 'grassroots' version of an M5 in a way, only without the expected downsides such as badge snobbery.

Aged poorly design wise - uncool.

The last gen HSV Senators are my secret bogun car crush though.

But it's an LSX, that can be changed, like no other engine can be.
And that mentality is yet another reason why it's seriously uncool. As soon as the low specific output is brought out, LSwhatever fanboys are crying about cams and bolt-ons and whatnot as if it would erase the fact that the starting point is still a pick-up truck motor.

And that mentality is yet another reason why it's seriously uncool. As soon as the low specific output is brought out, LSwhatever fanboys are crying about cams and bolt-ons and whatnot as if it would erase the fact that the starting point is still a pick-up truck motor.
Pickup trucks don't exist in Australia.
argument-invalid-100382501-orig.jpg

There is actually a large difference. Many utes are based off car designs (the HSV Maloo GTS being the 580hp example) while generally pickup trucks are their own design. Also even the biggest utes are the size of small pickups i.e the Chevy/Holden Colorado.

A dated Commodore that isn't sure if it wants to be a more grown-up family car or a bogan magnet (while muddying the name of one of Opel's finest). Then ends up looking like the Aussie equivalent of a Vauxhall with an Irmscher kit.

At least the HSV Clubsport knew what it wanted to be without looking ungainly.

Seriously Uncool.

A dated Commodore that isn't sure if it wants to be a more grown-up family car or a bogan magnet (while muddying the name of one of Opel's finest). Then ends up looking like the Aussie equivalent of a Vauxhall with an Irmscher kit.

At least the HSV Clubsport knew what it wanted to be without looking ungainly.

Seriously Uncool.
The Opel Senator was sold in Australia as the Holden Statesman/Caprice essentially the LWB version of this.

Difference being we got American engines.

There is actually a large difference. Many utes are based off car designs (the HSV Maloo GTS being the 580hp example) while generally pickup trucks are their own design. Also even the biggest utes are the size of small pickups i.e the Chevy/Holden Colorado.

It has a bed = Pickup truck. Just like El Camino, Ranchero..

I am just saying there is a big difference between an Aussie one like a HSV Maloo and an American one like a Ford F-150 Raptor.

Back