Body Style:
2-door roadster
Engine: 5.7L V10
Power: 612 hp
Torque: 435 ft-lbs
Weight: 1380 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Porsche's previous halo model and predecessor to the 918 hybrid. The V10 engine was based on the motor for a stillborn Le Mans project and was eventually adapted for use in this road car. It was said that the Carrera GT was so dangerous that even legendary Porsche test driver Walter Röhrl was scared by it.
2005_porsche_carrera_gt_manu_06.jpg
3PorscheCarreraGTcarreview.jpg
Porsche-Carrera-GT-Rear-Pulling-In-261485_1080x675.jpg
0401_epcp_04_z+porsche_carrera_gt+interior.jpg

As much as I wish it wasn't the case, I'll always remember it as the car with 500,000€ number plates.

I'm putting this one on cool. It's a good looking Porsche, but I feel there are better looking Porsches (like the first generation 911s and the 356s). Not to mention, the very highly publicized death of Paul Walker and Roger Rodas in this thing.

Normally the only Porsches I can find cool are those of the non racing, but über variety... but neither the cut an' shut profile of this thing, or one of the least well resolved active spoilers in history, do it any favours.

So I would go 'meh' but that line about Rohl being scared of it drops it down. HyperCars are already irrelevant enough in performance, it's even worse when an experienced test driver struggles to get the best out of them... makes me think Porsche actually just did a poor job with the chassis and/or suspension engineering.

V10 road car just keeps it above seriously uncool.

I was thinking of submitting this for my first attempt at a cool wall submission for a while, but it looks like I held off for too long.

Anyway, it may be a Porsche supercar that was involved in a publicized accident, but it looks gorgeous and sounds absolutely fantastic. I meant to vote cool given the aforementioned downsides, but I accidentally voted SZ purely out of reflex - but honestly, isn't that what a cool car should make you do anyways?

One of the wildest Porsche road cars ever with that angry sounding V10. However the publicised accident and general violence that this car was said to be like to drive bring it down to Uncool.

Would be Seriously Uncool because supercar, but I think the Roger Rodas kerfuffle brings it up a notch.

It's such a w:censored:'s car. Naturally, I do really like them and think it would be fabulous to drive.

Uncool

Easy SZ. I remember when it came out, always wanted to see one in person. Took a while to achieve that.

Cool. Typical supercar, but it doesn't have the typical Porsche flat-six.

I'm not going to bring up a publicized incident here. Oh wait, I already did.

Sub Zero. Basically roadlegal, slightly comfortable LeMans spec racecar with manual transmission and clutch made of unobtanium. Also requires talent and fresh tires to drive safely at any speed.

On balance, I'd say this was the most tasteful of the early/mid-00s supercar crop. A bit ungainly in profile, but striking enough without the need for more supercar paraphernalia cluttering the design or a fussy fascia. That V10 symphony was always the real star though.

Cool.

"SERIOUSLY UNCOOL BECUZ IT KILL MY FAVORITE ACTOR OF ALL TIME PUAL WALKER!!!!!!!"

In all honesty, even after that fatal crash of Paul and Roger, I still like the Carrera GT. Think of any Le Man racers, and add a license plate and tax disc!

Sub Zero

Sub zero, I remember when it came out and it's still just as cool and fast! I wouldn't be scared to try it, throw me the keys ;)

Cool for it's design, made for speed, the father of the Porsche 918.

The Uncool? Used by a driver, along with one of the victim's we shall never forget.

I would vote sub-zero but....eh, High Cool. I also love it since Most Wanted 2005.

I went with uncool. I like the technology/ engineering part of the car and for what it is, it's a great achievement and a celebration of Porsche motorsport history (look at that wooden shift knob, just like the 917). But it's one of those cars that will never be used for what it was built for and it will likely sit in some rich jerk's collection until he sells it off. That makes it an uncool car to me.

The rear end styling is really awkward, it just doesn't flow properly I can't help but be reminded of a Holden Ute when I see it. Must've been made by a committee. Uncool

Back