United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2004-2010 BMW 6 Series nominated by @Wiegert

2006-bmw-6-series-1.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupé, 2-door convertible
Engine:
Petrol: 3.0L I6, 4.4L V8, 4.8L V8, 5.0L V10
Diesel: 3.0L twin-turbo I6
Power: 255-268 hp (630Ci), 329 hp (645Ci), 362 hp (650i), 500 hp (M6), 282 hp (635d)
Torque: 221-236 lb-ft (630Ci), 332 lb-ft (645Ci), 361 lb-ft (650i), 380 lb-ft (M6), 428 lb-ft (635d)
Weight: 1650–1995 kg
Transmission: 6-speed Steptronic automatic, 6-speed manual, 6-speed (SMG) semi-auto, 7-speed (SMG) semi-auto
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive​

Why are the taillights so bad compared to the other BMW's?

First thing I've always noticed about this model.

The M6 is cool. Unfortunately these days, this generation has fallen to the point of "ballers on a budget." Now feels like the majority of the ones you'd see on the road look like this.
2007_BMW_6_Series_10009.jpg

Suppose the M6 just barely saves it from Seriously Uncool for me.

Wasn't pretty when it came out, ain't pretty now. Also, thinking about a BMW driver, and then thinking of a driver of this particular BMW makes me think they might be even more inconsiderate.

Seriously Uncool.

Although I don't mind the styling, it just can't be cool. The M6 turns that up to eleven because of the M badge.

Honestly yeah, it never had the best design and usually the bling crowd gets their hands on these and puts silly chrome dub wheels on them. There's still that stereotype of BMW drivers being jerks on the road that also contributes to it being uncool.

Though I should still note that I still haven't had really that many bad encounters with BMW drivers. If anything, I have more bad encounters with Dodge or Honda drivers than BMW ones.

I didn't actually mind the M6 when it was new, except for the press cars all seemed to be painted in that god-awful maroon-y colour.

But now it just looks....well there's no other word for it, fat. And definitely not with a P-H.

I like the M6 convertible the best, everything else is just plain meh.

Borderline cool.

I very much agree with @Liquid. The design has grown on me, and actually look pretty good in person. The V10 sounds godlike. But the owners, they are as uncool as it get.

The design can look good, from certain angles, but like most of the mid-naughts Bangle output, it's super-dependant on wheel selection. I've always really like the little shark-fins on the convertible's roof.

It's not cool, though. The current 6 GC is probably the coolest car to wear the badge this millennium, and even then it's not as frosty as the '80s model. This generation, as others have mentioned, has fallen into a really unfortunate portion of its life cycle, where people snap it up for cheap and proceed to ruin it with questionable mods.

That V10 saves it from SU.

Back