GTP Cool Wall: 2005-2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 37 comments

2005-2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It couldn't be cool, but as a car, it's the latest Evo I'd consider. The X is nowhere near as aggressive looking, didn't really evolve into anything special and signalled its own death knell. Trying to be the Japanese M3 with 4WD did not work because it lacked the M3's inherent luxury.

It could be uncool for the image it gets from street racing world or the looks, (the two above are better ranked in this), but things drastically change when you consider all the factors a regular person would judge before purchasing such car.
I'm not sure how different it is in Europe, but in North America a regular person would get about this far:
2005-2007 Mitsubishi

Off topic, but my dad and I were in the car and we passed a Mitsubishi dealership, and he said, "I thought they went out of business ten years ago".

That's true, but when you consider getting the most practical car from this type of cars, you don't have much of a choice.

Well there's, you know, its direct rival which has always been regarded as the better road car, even without considering that at this stage they had the various hot Legacys and Foresters.

Evos are cool, hands down. They only exist because of rallying and I don't care how big the wings are! Although they suffer from the same unfortunate misconception as Subarus that all people that drive them are dude-bros.

Back