Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
2005-2010 Chrysler 300 nominated by @Liquid
2008_chrysler_300-pic-34750.jpeg

Bodies:
4-Door Sedan, 5-Door Estate (EU, AU only)
Engine: 2.7L V6, 3.5L V6, 5.7L HEMI V8, 6.1L HEMI V8, 3.0L Turbodiesel V6
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic, 5-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear/All Wheel Drive

Even though only Drug Lord wannabes own this car here, I've always thought that these cars are and look cool.

It's intimidating and has that air of Mafia menace about it. I'd rock it, but then I'd look like a berk.

Uncool.

I'm going back and forth between cool and uncool. Not a meh, it's interisting enough to warrant either being cool or not cool.

Can't decide.

Yes, but this isn't Top Gear.
There are people here who vote exclusively on how they think Top Gear would vote on it, so I thought I'd share it. I personally think it's a cool car because you look like you're important in one

Is it driven by drug dealers? Probably.
Does it look good? I think so, but the newer one is better.
Is it rear-wheel drive? Yes.
Are they fast? Not really.

Meh. But I can see why someone would vote uncool because of the styling.

There are people here who vote exclusively on how they think Top Gear would vote on it, so I thought I'd share it. I personally think it's a cool car because you look like you're important in one

I've never liked that approach, most of the time opinions from the presenters on that show are ridiculous. I think one of my favorite scenes on top gear was rerun the other day when a well known actress came on, talked about what cars were cool and uncool. It basically destroyed Jeremy. :lol:

Regarding this car.
I said uncool.
Style is about the only thing it has going for it, everything else would put it way down into the SUC imho. :indiff:

Its a gaudy, terrible to drive, poorly built and unreliable car. The fact that the 2nd gen. 300 is actually pretty damn good makes this one look even worse in comparison. Seriously Uncool.

The only issue I have with it is the one @Wiegert pointed out, which is people living a fantasy out through it.

And just like Cadillacs of the 90s, yes a certain ethnic group seems to like buying these but I wasn't aware that drug dealers loved to own this outside of Walter White and the SRT8 that isn't in this MY range.

I give it a cool because unlike the other Chrysler travesties this one actually seems to have more of a purpose and does a good job in its various trims. It's a low cool though and almost a meh.

Its a gaudy, terrible to drive, poorly built and unreliable car. The fact that the 2nd gen. 300 is actually pretty damn good makes this one look even worse in comparison. Seriously Uncool.
The second gen is even worse, actually. It's just as gaudy, poorly built, and unreliable, but doesn't have a Mercedes Benz chassis like this does.

Seriously uncool, because you'd have to be a complete and utter moron to buy one. They're horrible, horrible cars, though not quite as bad as the newer ones.

The second gen is even worse, actually. It's just as gaudy, poorly built, and unreliable, but doesn't have a Mercedes Benz chassis like this does.

Seriously uncool, because you'd have to be a complete and utter moron to buy one. They're horrible, horrible cars, though not quite as bad as the newer ones.

Same chassis, much nicer interior, they also tightened up the suspension, the steering is heavier and more precise, the brakes more responsive; I mean its still a boat but its not that bad anymore.

Same chassis, much nicer interior, they also tightened up the suspension, the steering is heavier and more precise, the brakes more responsive; I mean its still a boat but its not that bad anymore.
Have you driven both of them? I always heard that the second gen model was worse. For example, watch this:

@Beeblebrox237 Yep, I drive the 2nd gen. on a weekly basis as part of my job, the 1st gens are thankfully getting rarer but I still remember them vividly enough.

I agree with most of what Fifth Gear says, obviously compared to German competition, and especially at that price point its very poor. But what I'm saying is that the 1st gen. was even worse, I mean the whole interior was made of the same type of plastic Fisher Price uses for their toys.:lol:

It should also be noted that in the US you can get a base model 300 that already has pretty much everything on it for only $30k, which is less then a base model 3-series.

My Father in law owned on. He wanted one for a while and was really disappointed in the car.I found that it lacked any kind of fun to drive. If cool were a bright center of the universe, this car is on the planet it's furthest from.

The automotive embodiment of a greasy hairy-chested guy who leaves his shirt half-unbuttoned to show off his oversized bling necklace, and brags about how the bottom-shelf liquor he drinks is imported.

You know, for all the crap I give Chrysler, at least this car managed to have attitude and personality in a market segment dominated by snore-worthy blobs.

Uncool because it's driven by people who recline their seat super far and drive with one hand on the very top of the wheel.

Back