GTP Cool Wall: 2005+ Ford Mustang GT-R Concept Car

2005+ Ford Mustang GT-R Concept Car

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the mind of a 16 year old me, it was awesome. In the videogames back then, it was awesome. And I still like the way it looks...I love a racing approach when it comes to tuning and that side exhaust is just great.

But imagine it parked outside a cafe or a bookshop...Seriously Uncool

grid.jpg

Seriously Uncool.

The only thing I like about it is the split headlights, everything else is kind of meh. I went with uncool though because you would have one helluva time explaining this car to anyone.

Mustangs are one of the cars you tend to see doing burn outs in parking lots and donuts after car shows. Not cool.

I find that incredibly cool. That is soooooooooo me.

So long as you don't crash or hurt no one. Then you instantly become a jackass.

Subzero for me. Its just another Mustang that I know I'll never have, but so what? Its intended to be a racecar, and racecars are my thing. This car is on the Artic its so subzero-ly cool.

Uncool. Mustangs (especially this generation) already tread a line that sees a good amount of poseurs pulling stupid things like donuts in the parking lot of the... donut shops, and this has been further uglied up by all the various crap bolted on. The 2005+ Mustang might be hailed as the car that revived the modern day pony car war, but looking back, the design definitely lacked finesse. It just looks heavy, and heavy-handed. That's just stock - this one looks like it tried to live its life a quarter mile at a time.

Saved from SU on account of an engine that looks, on paper, to be a hint at what the Boss 302 would end up carrying. Otherwise, pass!

I find that incredibly cool. That is soooooooooo me.

So long as you don't crash or hurt no one. Then you instantly become a jackass.

I've got bad news, I think you may have a case of the uncool. :P

Well, there's a conflict of interest in that, though. I'd personally say the problem with agreeing with Roger the Horse's dismissal of the concept as uncool by default far outweighs Slashfan's adoration of it as cool with a jackass clause.

Last edited:
The 2005+ Mustang might be hailed as the car that revived the modern day pony car war, but looking back, the design definitely lacked finesse.
I wouldn't even say that is all that important though, I mean, what did we get out of the revival of pony cars/muscle cars? An updated Mustang, the Camaro, and the Challenger. The Mustang was long overdo for a heavy update anyway, and the other two are generally considered by the automotive press to not be all that nice.

So this thing actually wasn't fictional... Remember it solely from Ford Racing 3 (:scared:)

I hated it in that game; still don't like it now. Uncool.

So the car gets downvoted, because idiots tend to drive these cars.

So that makes every BMW lame?
Every Audi?
Every Könnigsegg
Every Ferrari, Lambo

Generally every car manufacturer has idiots. Even Toyota has Eminembeatfan.
Look at all the idiots in supercars doing "charity rallies" aka street racing. All idiots.

It's the car that should be in the spotlight, not the drivers of said cars. We have a thread for that too.

While this ain't the nicest of the tuned Mustangs, it comes from the time when Ford actually tried to put some meaty stuff down the line. The GT40, the Shelby Concepts and this.

I don't especially like Mustangs or big American cars (I like them but there are other more interesting cars out there for me), I certainly wouldn't mind having this in my garage.

And yeah TDU1!

So the car gets downvoted, because idiots tend to drive these cars.

Yes.

So that makes every BMW lame?

Many.

Every Audi?

Many.

Every Könnigsegg

I didn't know that Koenigseggs had that reputation.

Every Ferrari, Lambo

Many.

Generally every car manufacturer has idiots. Even Toyota has Eminembeatfan.
Look at all the idiots in supercars doing "charity rallies" aka street racing. All idiots.

It's the car that should be in the spotlight, not the drivers of said cars. We have a thread for that too.

While this ain't the nicest of the tuned Mustangs, it comes from the time when Ford actually tried to put some meaty stuff down the line. The GT40, the Shelby Concepts and this.

I don't especially like Mustangs or big American cars (I like them but there are other more interesting cars out there for me), I certainly wouldn't mind having this in my garage.

And yeah TDU1!

Hi, welcome to the Cool Wall where we talk about how cool cars are and not how good they are or whether we want to own them.

The only people who would be aware of those stories are people who follow crappy auto blogs and are thus car people. Their opinions are largely not relevant to coolness.

On the other hand, it's not exactly rare for someone to have seen a bro in a Mustang peel out of a parking lot.

Ah, right. I forgot that most of the society probably have never even heard of Koenigsegg, and they don't indulge in reading through crappy auto blogs like me.

Mustang Racecars:
12_run_T2_Knowles.jpg

WC-MidO-1.jpg

mustang-boss-302-world-challenge.jpg

1220577392_a8ZQo-L-1.jpg

(I like that one... full aero, underbody diffuser, canards everywhere...)

Showcar:
Mustang-Racing-Car-Wallpapers4.jpg

Some concepts are cool, but this just smacks of factory rice. And it isn't even as gonzo as some of the actual racing Mustangs that are out there.

Back