GTP Cool Wall: 2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL550 (X164)

2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL550 (X164)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2006-2012 Mercedes-Benz GL550 (X164) nominated by @townha99
mercedes-benz-gl550_2010_1280x960_wallpaper_01-jpg.258299

Engines:
5.5L V8
Power: 382 hp
Torque: 391 lb-ft.
Weight: 2526 kg
Transmission: 7-speed automatic with manual mode
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door SUV
Additional Info: "Car and Driver: 0-60: 5.9 seconds.
Tires and Wheels: 295/40/R21
"​
169617.jpg

2009-mercedes-benz-gl550-photo-262781-s-1280x782.jpg

2008-mercedes-benz-gl550-interior-photo-270253-s-1280x782.jpg

How big does it need to be? I don't think there's a better way to say that you have money and an intention to crush someone in a Peugeot 206. Seriously uncool.

A simple uncool; there's nothing really exciting about this Sport Utility. It's just another SUV that ends up in the hands of a mother driving her kids to soccer practice. It's also not exactly a handsome thing to look at.

It's not the GLK.

Uncool.

That wouldn't change it's rating in the least, for me anyways. Every single one of Benz' SUV's (G notwithstanding) are awfully-proportioned, heavy-handed vessels used to shuttle as many lawn-devils to their ball sports activities as possible, that despite the price tag, never seem to have functioning turn signals.

Mercedes hasn't designed a good-looking SUV in decades- the original G-Wagon was the last good SUV design they came up with, which is why they're essentially still using it.

Uncool. Not quite as uncool as other MB SUV's, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big off-roading SUV. Sounds like a great idea, right?

Nah.

Chelsea Tractors, soccer moms, and biggest off-roading adventure most owners did with their cars was attempting to go through a multi-floor car park going up and down. And it's not really that pretty either, nor cheap. If I want luxury, I'd buy a S-Class, thank you very much. Ah right, it's also the GL, it's even far too big and flash to not make its owner look like a rich git.

Uncool.

Usually I don't go in for ad hominem attacks on people whose votes diverge from mine in these threads, but this time I don't even have to.

They already did it for me.

Probably the Chelseaist of the Chelsea Tractors until the Bentley SUV comes along to snatch up all the Cheshire buyers who usually go for these huge SUVs.

Every single one of Benz' SUV's (G notwithstanding) are awfully-proportioned, heavy-handed vessels used to shuttle as many lawn-devils to their ball sports activities as possible, that despite the price tag, never seem to have functioning turn signals.
7082080001_large.jpg

Who are you to argue with The Goldblum?

This is a betrayal to all good Mercedes cars (e.x. 300SL, CLK GTR). Not only should this not bear the Mercedes badge, it's also an overpriced soccer mom mobile. Oh, and SUV. Seriously, serioulsly uncool. This car is so bad it should go to hell, even.

"I GOT A BIG CAR. AND ITS A MERCEDES. I'M DOING SO MUCH BETTER AN LIFE THAN YOU. SEE? IT'S BIGGER. IT'S BIGGER AND IT HAS CHROME AND BIG RIMS AND IT'S A MERCEDES. IT'S SO FAST AND SO COMFORTABLE AND SO BIG AND I CAN PAY FOR IT BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD AT A SYNERGETIC-OUTSOURCING-DEVELOPMENT FIRM AS A JUNIOR GQM MANAGER."

Said the owner of the Mercedes GL550.

"Seriously Uncool"

Said anybody with taste.

Yuck yuck yuck. I hate SUV's. Especially this one-it's a waste of resources and I can't see any reason for owning one. Unless you're stupid or a big fat idiot who wants to show off their wealth. Seriously Uncool just doesn't cut it.

Most people who drive GLs around here are idiots, but you can't deny the presence of a large luxury SUV. Presence is a cool thing to have. It's fun to piss off the wagon purists, too.

"I GOT A BIG CAR. AND ITS A MERCEDES. I'M DOING SO MUCH BETTER AN LIFE THAN YOU. SEE? IT'S BIGGER. IT'S BIGGER AND IT HAS CHROME AND BIG RIMS AND IT'S A MERCEDES. IT'S SO FAST AND SO COMFORTABLE AND SO BIG AND I CAN PAY FOR IT BECAUSE I WORK SO HARD AT A SYNERGETIC-OUTSOURCING-DEVELOPMENT FIRM AS A JUNIOR GQM MANAGER."

Said the owner of the Mercedes GL550.

Hear that? It's the sound of someone who wishes they had an equivalent G-Class. :P

Last edited:
Back