GTP Cool Wall: 2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec.B Blitzen (BL)

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 57 comments

2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec.B Blitzen (BL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec.B Blitzen (BL) nominated by @Murcie_LP640
Subaru_Liberty_Blitzen_2006.jpg

Bodies: 4-door Sedan
Engine: 3.0L flat-6
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Drivetrain: Front Engine, All Wheel Drive
Power Output: 241 HP

The only thing that makes it cool is the "Blitzen" name. Meh.

I normally try to avoid Meh. But nothing about this is persuading me vote either way. Not like the Blitzen of old.

Probably my favorite generation of the Legacy. I love its crisp features, although that's not a nice grille without the wings. Not terribly special -- it's not a GT spec.B wagon -- but the EZ30 makes a nicer noise than the EJ and it's still paired with the 6MT. A normal BL Legacy would be a Meh until it's older, but a boxer-6 is good for a solid Cool.

Seriously Uncool. Subaru isn't a cool brand and anything with the name "Blitzen" on it isn't cool either. It's also manages to be dull and unappealing at the same time. Oh it only has a manual transmission and that attracts holier than thou people, which isn't cool either :P

Sorry Australia, but your version of the Legacy doesn't look that great. The only thing that saves it is being a Blitzen. I can't believe I'm saying this, but meh.

It would be cool if it weren't for the fact that anyone driving one will inevitably go on about how it's a limited edition, and the fact that it's a Legacy which isn't called a Legacy for some obscure reason that I can't be bothered to remember.

Uncool.

It has a good engine and a good transmission. But the fact that they named it the Liberty and didn't sell it in America upsets me. The Jeep Liberty is crap, we need a better car called Liberty. But no, here it is called the Legacy. Australia, a nation of the decedents of convicts, gets a car called the Subaru Liberty, while America gets a car called the Subaru Outback.

Meh. But I do love that wing.

Cool, but I'm a fanboy. The only way to get the 3.0 here was with the 5 speed auto. However they were rear biased AWD with the 5 speed auto.

Not a fan of its looks, at all. All I see is a slightly boring Legacy, but with a bright red coat of paint and a gaudy grill. This generation of Blitzens were nothing like the ones of old as @Bopop4 so rightly knows (:P).

Uncool.

Oh it only has a manual transmission and that attracts holier than thou people, which isn't cool either :P

No actually that seems to have been overseen. It also has a 5-speed tiptronic.

Sorry Australia, but your version of the Legacy doesn't look that great. The only thing that saves it is being a Blitzen. I can't believe I'm saying this, but meh.

To be fair, that is what the gen4 Blitzen actually looked like in Japan as well:

DSC04481.jpg

(Yes, that is actually in NZ but it is a JDM model)

Normal 3.0Rs (and Spec.Bs) were much more handsome.

Last edited:
Uncool.

Reason why is essentially because it's a 3.0R Spec.B (which would be very cool on its own) that looks worse and has very little to distinguish it apart from the signature red paint as an option which doesn't really do the BL justice.

On top of that is that because of lack of high-octane fuels we couldn't get the actual Blitzen so essentially this is not so much of a Blitzen as it is just a limited edition Liberty.

Absolute cracker of an engine and drivetrain though, lots of love for the EZ30 and STi gearbox.

Not without appeal, but devoid of that special something that makes cars cool. The person on the street sees an unremarkable sedan, those who know a bit about cars see an unremarkable sedan that isn't quite as interesting as the B4 Blitzen we all know and love from the GT games.

Since I don't vote "meh", has to be an uncool on this one.

Latest Posts

Back