Engines:
Electric motor
Power: 300 hp
Torque: 280 lb-ft.
Weight: 1225 kg
Transmission: Single speed
Drivetrain: Mid motor, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "Yes, this is still in production. Under that name. And they want to make a new one. Called the Fétish 2."​

Stupid name for an unattractive car. Only saved from SU because its electric and that interior looks pretty nice.

What the 🤬 is that? I already decided SU before finding out it was electric :lol:.

Seriously, Seriously Uncool.

"Fétish" must mean something different in French. Too bad, I can speak English but I can't speak any French. Seriously uncool.

Prefered old Venturis, back when they were known as the "French Ferraris". An Atlantique this is not. And Tesla did the electric sports car idea better anyways, not to mention that their designs and names aren't as silly\stupid as the Venturi's. Please make an Atlantique-esque car again, will you Venturi? Drop this nonsense. Or fetish, if you will.

Seriously Uncool.

Nothing more cool than reviving a semi-beloved name just to cash in on the good times it had for something completely unrelated.

You deserve the "post of the thread" award for that one, explains all that's wrong about this car. 👍 Nothing like using the right names for the wrong things, eh?

The prevailing factor is, its just so damned ugly.

But, considering its electric, and getting on for 10 years old, and with reasonable performance figures (mileage not listed at time of writing), I'll give out a meh, which I don't normally do (otherwise an instant seriously uncool).

And Tesla did the electric sports car idea better anyways

Worth noting that the Fetish came out long before the Tesla Roadster. And by all accounts... errh... actually... by one account... as I've only read one comprehensive road test for this, and it was only available in an Asian edition of Evo... the production Fetish is a very good car to drive, is incredibly fast, and better finished (obvious, even from the pics) than the Tesla Roadster, as well.

Not quite sure what people find wrong with the looks. It's no Veyron. :D Sort of reminds me of the Renault Spider. Except with better headlights.

-

But while I like it. It's simply a rich man's toy. Hmm.

The styling is a mess and has a name that's incredibly stupid.

Saved from SU by the electric drivetrain.

Worth noting that the Fetish came out long before the Tesla Roadster. And by all accounts... errh... actually... by one account... as I've only read one comprehensive road test for this, and it was only available in an Asian edition of Evo... the production Fetish is a very good car to drive, is incredibly fast, and better finished (obvious, even from the pics) than the Tesla Roadster, as well.

Not quite sure what people find wrong with the looks. It's no Veyron. :D Sort of reminds me of the Renault Spider. Except with better headlights.

-

But while I like it. It's simply a rich man's toy. Hmm.

Well, if that's the case then perhaps I should retract that statement of mine. I never really found any sort of reviews for the car, so I am merely judging the outside part of the car. Suprised to hear that it was actually found to be better than the Tesla, but the price and the name take away a few points from it.

It's just far too rare and exclusive for its own good.

I think it's brilliant :) Not a jaw dropper, but is a really good & interesting car that will make you turn your head.

The only minor setback is the steering wheel. Very generic.

Anyway: High Cool.

BTW, I also miss the old school Venturis, but this one is good enough for me :)

Well, if that's the case then perhaps I should retract that statement of mine. I never really found any sort of reviews for the car, so I am merely judging the outside part of the car. Suprised to hear that it was actually found to be better than the Tesla, but the price and the name take away a few points from it.

It's just far too rare and exclusive for its own good.

Well... not better... just more bespoke. I doubt anyone has tested the two together (but if they have, vids please! :lol: ).

But I do have a feeling the Fetish will be better sorted. There's a reason it's much, much more expensive than a Tesla Roadster:

Roadster-xray.jpg

(Tesla powertrain)

The Tesla is basically an electrified Elise. Which is great, because, well, it's an Elise, but that necessitates finding places to put the batteries. Unfortunately, the Elise has very few places you can install a big battery pack without cutting into the bodywork, so the shortcut taken here is to simply mount them in the engine bay behind the passenger cell.

High up in the engine bay.

Very high up.

This pushes the electric motor over the rear axle, which necessitates mounting it high up off the ground, as well.

While many road tests praise the Tesla, there are those who note the dynamic shortcomings versus the Elise. Which is understandable. But these compromises allowed Tesla to build the world's first mass-produced electric sports car and bring it in under budget.

The Fetish came out before the Tesla, but it's much more expensive. And that's because it has a carbon-fiber chassis designed from the ground up for electrification.

Which means:

fetish4.JPG

As you can see, the battery packs are better integrated into the chassis, down low, in the middle. The motor is laid ahead of the differential, and isn't sitting on top of it. These differences give the Fetish a very low center of gravity, and likely better handling, but since they're rare, I'm not aware if anyone's found out if it is better or not.

-

I've never liked the design of the Roadster... all the compromises and half-arsed engineering solutions... and that's because of the Fetish... which is an arguably superior car, and built earlier. But... the Roadster made money. Mucho money. And that money helped give us the Model S, which is arguably the best electric car... ever. So I'll let it slide. :lol:

Back