Engines:
4.7L V8 (Alfa Romeo F136 YC)
Power: 444 hp
Torque: 350 lb-ft.
Weight: 1585 kg
Transmission: 6-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "1000 Units Produced (despite an order request of over 1400), and was split between 500 Competiziones and 500 Spiders."​
alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-montanas-big.jpg

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-08.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-widescreen-036.jpg

2007-alfa-romeo-8c-competizione.jpg

2009-alfa-romeo-8c-spider-pic-44279.jpeg

2522.jpg

2010-alfa-romeo-8c-spider-review-car-and-driver-photo-292188-s-original.jpg

2005305031410780076_rs.jpg

Man, would you look at this thing. Just look at it. Beauty is definitely a speciality of the 8C, because this red sports car is beautiful as all heck. Ok, so as a road car, the 8C has its faults. A slow gearbox, a dashboard that reflects off the windshield and nearly blinds its driver, and other things. But don't all Alfas have those little things that always seem to bother their owner? Besides, the rest of the car compensates for said faults. It's just the way Alfas work, they are true Italian divas in that aspect.

Not quite SZ, but still very cool.

The front of the car looks like a Russian moneyhole prototype project.

The back of the car is superb.

Still looks stunning. Still pretty rare.

I don't usually think Alfas are cool, but this is an exception. The fact it's apparently not as good to drive as its competitors only makes it cooler.

Utterly ridiculous. Sub Zero.

Probably one of the most overrated cars in terms of styling. I saw both the coupe and spider together in real life and something just didn't click for me about the way it looked.

I just think it looks horrid IMO.

Uncool.

Beautiful near-concept car presence. It manages to look so striking without requiring wanky supercar-like proportions. High cool.

Probably one of the most overrated cars in terms of styling. I saw both the coupe and spider together in real life and something just didn't click for me about the way it looked.

I just think it looks horrid IMO.

Uncool.
Oh good, I thought I was the only person who hated the looks of this Alfa.

I can't really 'like' Alfa's, I don't know why, but they don't 'float my boat'. This Alfa, in particular, is just too big and unnecessary. And, as AudiMan said, the looks are really overrated.

Looks much better in picture than in person I reckon.

Plus I hate the unwarranted hype for Alfa Romeo's which most people wouldn't give a hoot about if their charlatan of a messiah Jeremy Clarkson had never come out with it.

I should point out that not every Alfa Romeo fan started their love for the brand as soon as Top Gear started banging on about them. As someone who loves them (and has owned an Alfa in the past) I wish they wouldn't, frankly. Well I suppose they won't be any more...

I remember Clarkson's review of the 8C, it really irritated me. At a time when every other journo said it wasn't bad but not on a par with the class best (much like every single other Alfa of the last thirty years) he tried to say it was a pile of crap just so that it could be considered a piece of sculpture or some other drivel.

Anyway, I genuinely think it has one of the nicest rear ends of any car, ever. I think the front end looks much better in person, and it's surprisingly compact up close. And they sound glorious. Unlike most supercars however, the general unwashed wouldn't hate you for driving one.

For the looks, noise and class, I'm (just) going with sub zero.

Honestly I can only imagine Russian millionaire, a girlfriend of a Russian millionaire, a rich man in mid-life crisis or super-rich Arab who will abandon it in next 2 years, owning one. And that just isn't cool.

Looks face-meltingly beautiful. But it's not an Alfa, it's a Maserati with an Alfa body. And it should be like peanut butter and jelly for me, but... No. No, I'm still not sure whether I can forgive this unholy union.

It's a high cool I feel weird and uncomfortable about.

Looks kinds ugly in the front. Other than that, it's a pretty car.

Gets a cool. V8 sports car that I would be happy to see going down my street.

Uncool. No manual, looks like well abused bar of soap from high security prison, heavy.

It has a gearbox (not that that has any bearing on the coolness of any car that's ever existed).

It's also delightfully proportioned. And sounds like hells freaking bells.

So cool.

Back