GTP Cool Wall: 2009-2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 46 comments

2009-2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2009-2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) nominated by @Naveek Darkroom

c6-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-blue.jpg

Body style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 6.2L supercharged V8
Power: 638 hp
Torque: 604 lb-ft
Weight: 1515 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive​

c6-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-black.jpg
nissan-zr-865660.jpg
6105075718_ec60619e02_b.jpg
2010-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-interior-photo-393334-s-1280x782.jpg

This car was at the center of one of the most silly fanboy wars when it beat the GT-R's Nurburgring time. Plus you'll look ridiculous driving one.

SU.

This car was at the center of one of the most silly fanboy wars when it beat the GT-R's Nurburgring time. Plus you'll look ridiculous driving one.

SU.

How so? You'd look like any other Corvette driver. Seems a bit pretentious and borderline hipster to say "you'll like ridiculous driving one". I mean the fact that you have to explain why your Corvette is actually something special is the first issue, second is explaining 10 years down the road why you spent so much for something that will age nearly as bad as the Gallardo in the other cool wall. I gave it a cool for various reasons but a low one, cause it gets bogged down for all the other reasons I just gave you and what I'd give in general to begin with.

There's no denying that this is a great performance car. However, there's absolutely nothing cool about it. SU.

This is far from my favorite car, but I find it funny how cars that the general populous would consider "cool" are snubbed here.

I gave it a cool, because I had the chance to drive one a couple years ago and liked it. It was surprisingly comfy and the car was a joy to be in. Is it dated? Oh yeah, definitely. But it's still nice in my eyes.

TB
Say that again, this time in English.
Suzumiya voted sub-zero, so I'm assuming it's a joke.

As for the car itself? I like Corvettes, especially this C6 ZR1. However, it was one of the pioneer vehicles for touting 'Ring times, as much as I appreciate the track. Seriously uncool.

There are a few reasons I find it uncool.
  • I find the looks very Look-at-me and prefer the cleaner looks of the ZO6.
  • The whole fanboy debate that was incredibly stupid.
  • I can't help but think those rims would look better if they weren't chrome.
  • The car may be good on paper but in the real world, or on a Racetrack in the hands of anyone who isn't a race driver all that power is wasted.
I like corvettes, and I find the C6 shape to be a very good looking car and none of what I said probably makes sense, But I know many people who think the car is way better than what it actually is.

The car may be good on paper but in the real world, or on a Racetrack in the hands of anyone who isn't a race driver all that power is wasted.

you can sort of say that about every car that has more than 400bhp though

you can sort of say that about every car that has more than 400bhp though
True, But even a regular C6 would be just as fast in that situation and I think the C6 shape looks best either Stock or as a ZO6.

The C6 Corvette, as a whole, exemplifies why I prefer vintage Corvettes (C1, C2, early C3), over modern ones. Grace and beauty was put before muscularity and speed in the earlier models. The ZR1 is a fast and exciting car, but visually, it's nothing spectacular, and that interior is the opposite of good looking.

Gets at least a solid cool. As much as this car was reviewed against the bigger, 6-figure supercars, it was always an interesting tidbit that the little brother Z06 was considered the model best suited for track days of the family line-up. The ZR1 wasn't a slouch in any way, but few journalists saw it as more of a highway monster/cruiser than a purposeful track machine.

Sleek and elegant, not very showoff-y, lots of power. Would be a fairly high Cool if it weren't for the bland interior, so I'd say it's a low Cool.

Back