Weight: Unknown, more than 1507 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door panel van​
chevrolet-hhr-ss.jpg
IMG_0428_451719JPG-1.jpg

2009_chevrolet_hhr_ss_panel-pic-6780960018453247257.jpeg

hhr9.jpg

It's not the original panel van it was based on. Seriously uncool.

However, as absolutely atrocious the interiors are, I like them for some reason.

The fact that it's a panel van is pretty cool... but that's about it. Uncool.

No experience with these other than I know the SS versions are pretty quick.

Would vote cool, but went S-Z instead.

For a van that followed in the footsteps of Chrysler's neo-retro design years after people stopped thinking of it as an interesting styling exercise, it's actually pretty neat.

Seriously uncool because commercial vehicle.

It doesn't even have the benefit of being at the forefront of the trend. It's GM's embarrassingly late, not terribly better response.

But hey. At least you can get your mini rape van as an SS!

There's something about a van trying to be sporty to which seems a little, well... Pathetic.

Seriously uncool.

This could have been so much. I don't usually go down this road but this should have had a optional V8. Sure, the FWD gives more room in the back but still. Stepping into the wayback machine and not using an American symbol? Styling saves it from seriously uncool.

This could have been so much. I don't usually go down this road but this should have had a optional V8. Sure, the FWD gives more room in the back but still. Stepping into the wayback machine and not using an American symbol? Styling saves it from seriously uncool.
It's essentially a Cobalt wagon. I doubt there was any way to get the tranny to fit, never mind the engine.

Last edited:
It's essentially a Cobalt wagon. I doubt there was any way to get the train to fit, even if the engine would.

Year One build one as a promotional one for GM, with a LS6.

Found it.

That's pretty much a full customization but it does fit. :D

I like the idea of a SS van, but it doesn't really work design-wise. And I still prefer the pick-up version.

Would vote meh, but the fact that there are people (who should also be shot for doing so) who use this as a commercial vehicle of all god-damm things. In this case, I am afraid it is an Uncool for me.

Nice cues from the original panel vans and even has an SS badge, but it's still is SU because it resembles a larger PT Crusier

I have an Army buddy that has a seriously built up one that makes serious HP even with that they are not cool vans are never cool.

It's a Chevrolet PT Cruiser. Moves up to uncool on the grounds of it looking much better than a PT Cruiser and being a van rather than the world's easiest theft target.

Something so ridiculous definitely gets a cool. Also, these would make really cool sleepers if debadged and had in an unassuming color.

Well, they were pretty damn quick 'round the 'Ring back in the day. The 2.0T is still one of the best engines that GM has produced in the last 30 years. But, man, the HHR was just odd. Would I drive an HHR SS? Would I get sick of writing all those numbers? Would I feel guilty about being that weird white guy who drives a fast car with too many letters that wasn't all that great but is kind of a cult classic with the Chevrolet dudes? Yes-ish.

PT Cruiser, 10 years late, after retro stopped being cool.

Seriously uncool.

Back