New York
Jahgee1124
2010+ Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde nominated by @GT Pro
Alfa-Romeo-Mito-QV.jpg

Bodies:
3-Door Hatchback
Engine: 1.4L Turbocharged I4
Power Output: 168 HP
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic (Dualclutch)
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Front Wheel Drive

Last edited:
Low Sub Zero. It's an Alfa with a four leaf clover, which get's it pretty high up there. It's stylish and small, for which it gains more points. It's a car that women like but men can enjoy. It may not be all that good, but it is undeniably cool.

That thing is the absolute definition of seriously uncool.

Why? I would write a wall of text trying to explain why it shouldn't be SU, but, if a girl finds it really cool and really likes it and this version is the manly one, why shouldn't that be cool on it's own?

Why? I would write a wall of text trying to explain why it shouldn't be SU, but, if a girl finds it really cool and really likes it and this version is the manly one, why shouldn't that be cool on it's own?
FWD is not cool.
4 cylinders are not cool.
Ugly cars are not cool.
Hatchbacks are not cool (typically).
Compacts are not cool.

FWD is not cool.

Ok, you got a point there

Wrong. Good 4-bangers are cool, especially turbo'd and producing 300bhp as some do or as a V4 shape. I don't know much about this 4-banger to make a comment

Ugly cars are not cool.

Wrong again. I'll give an example of one:
img_1482.jpg

Let's be honest, this is a ugly car, but damn is achingly cool.

You're right, hactchbacks aren't cool. Hot hatches are and this Alfa is one of them.

Compacts are not cool.

See above.

NOTE: This is my opinion, so that means people will disagree with me.

Wrong. Good 4-bangers are cool, especially turbo'd and producing 300bhp as some do or as a V4 shape. I don't know much about this 4-banger to make a comment

Nope. All 4 cylinders are not cool. Don't give a damn how much power they make. That doesn't mean there aren't some that sound good.

Wrong again. I'll give an example of one:
img_1482.jpg

Let's be honest, this is a ugly car, but damn is achingly cool.

That's seriously uncool.

You're right, hactchbacks aren't cool. Hot hatches are and this Alfa is one of them.

Hot hatches are even less cool because they try too hard to be good.

Nope. All 4 cylinders are not cool. Don't give a damn how much power they make. That doesn't mean there aren't some that sound good.

Ok fair enough. The same way I think some American V8 uncool (I felt bad about the 50's Caddy that I saw today. The owner must've gone broke the first time he stopped for fuel, but damn it sounded good and the guy looked cool) because of the fuel issue. It isn't the power or the displacement that bothers me anymore. It's the fuel, but then you have one and you don't care about it.

That's seriously uncool.

Voting a Ford SU. Yep Hell has frozen :lol:

Hot hatches are even less cool because they try too hard to be good.

Often they are good. Golf GTI/R/R32 being examples of good hot-hatches.

Ok fair enough. The same way I think some American V8 uncool (I felt bad about the 50's Caddy that I saw today. The owner must've gone broke the first time he stopped for fuel, but damn it sounded good and the guy looked cool) because of the fuel issue. It isn't the power or the displacement that bothers me anymore. It's the fuel, but then you have one and you don't care about it.

Exactly. It's not that there aren't some that don't sound good (SRT4 Neons sound mean for example), but that configuration as a whole has always been subpar the last 40 years. The only reason they are powerful in street cars now is because of the tech behind them.

Often they are good. Golf GTI/R/R32 being examples of good hot-hatches.

Good doesn't mean it's cool though.

FWD is not cool.

:rolleyes:

And how does a regular bystander know its front wheel drive?

Flat four boxer engines have four cylinders. Invalid. :P

Ugly cars are not cool.

I agree, if a car is ugly it is seen as tasteless therefore not being cool. 👍

Half disagree, you've said typically so really it's up in the air. I find most cool.

Compacts are not cool.

Disagree, I'm the opposite but that could be due to my environment.

Back