Torque: 210 ft-lbs
Weight: 1493-1521 kg
Transmission: 1-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: Front-engined, front wheel drive​

nissan-leaf-2011-wallpaper-128662.jpg
03-2013-nissan-leaf-fd.jpg
2015-Nissan-Leaf-rear-three-quarters-view.jpg
nissan-leaf_100225862_l.jpg

A fine electric car, until the Tesla Model S showed up.

It might have had price cuts from a near £30k starting price, but a 150 mile range simply doesn't justify choosing this over something like a Golf diesel.

Uncool.

Cue the "it's an automatic hybrid so it's automatically crap" brigade.

I don't mind the styling but it's just not practical for where I live. For the right person, I'm sure it's great.

Going for meh.

Low meh. Definitely not cool, but not quite uncool enough that you can really judge someone for driving one of these.

Better than the iMiEV but I think any hybrid would be better than that car. Still, it's just a ho-hum car.

If someone wanted an electric car, I can't fault their decision to go with a Leaf - Not a fan of the styling though.

Economy car with a very economy-implied name and an economy-implied style.

If Economy was a Type of Cool I'd definitely be voting for that. In my mind though that equates to a Meh.

It's not a prototype, it's mass-produced and genuinely worthy of general consumer use, its styling isn't overtly wacky, and it gets the job done without very much compromise (though it still lacks the range to be practical everywhere). As pretty much the first EV of its kind, that's worth a Cool. It also hasn't stirred up insufferable 🤬-flinging like the Prius.

I like the factoid of how the lumpy headlights move air out and away, reducing wind noise by limiting how much air hits the side mirrors.

I'd say it's a poor man's Tesla. I am a big supporter of electric vehicles and I am in the market of buying one myself, and this car is loaded with green technology. It may be better than the Prius in many ways, but it still is a boring looking car.

Meh.

A fine electric car, until the Tesla Model S showed up.

It might have had price cuts from a near £30k starting price, but a 150 mile range simply doesn't justify choosing this over something like a Golf diesel.

Uncool.
Please tell me you didn't just compare the Nissan Leaf to the Tesla Model S as an actual serious comparison.

Besides the fact that the Leaf is an economy car and not a sporty sedan, I'll just focus on the fact that the Leaf's MSRP ($29,000) is over $40,000 less than the $70,000 MSRP for the tesla.

Literally the two could not be further apart except for the fact that they both use a current of electrons for power.

At least I can look at a Leaf for more than a moment and say "I survived". Likeable styling inside and out, I'd say. Yet to see somebody below the age of retirement drive one though.

Uncool transport.

I actually like the look of the Leaf, it's probably the least offensive electric car in the market right now. Cool.

I actually like the look of the Leaf, it's probably the least offensive electric car in the market right now. Cool.

What about the VW e-Golf? Despite the front bumper alterations, it looks as conservative as its ICE-powered counterpart.
vw-e-golf-vii-frontansicht-19-juni-2014-d-sseldorf.png

Almost exactly the definition of meh. Small, electric, great for short commutes, and no outstanding performance. In the one ride I took in one (it was a rental) it was pretty comfortable. So meh it is.

Back