Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door hatchback
Additional Info: "The designer's name was Bob Boniface."​
2015-chevrolet-volt_100472781_h.jpg

2015-chevrolet-volt-electric-car-mo-interior-1480x551-05.jpg

2011-chevrolet-volt-across-america-promo.jpg

02chevroletvoltfd2011.jpg

Chevrolet-Volt-1.jpg

Looks better than the Vauxhall version. Nothing to shout about in terms of performance or quality.
Engineering in it is impressive but not a new idea.

Solid meh.

It's like a Prius, but made by GM.

Seriously Uncool.

I never realized how much torque this thing made. Interesting.

Almost makes it to cool, but then they slapped Chevrolet badges on it. Uncool, only for the same reason as the Opel Ampera.

It's just another "Eco-friendly" car. Sure saving the environment, but not really because you need to produce electricity to charge the batteries, and you'll mainly get that from a power plant, where they are burning coal for energy. All these cars make people think they are going to save the world, even though they physically can't. Just another way to get money out of the people. SU.

So disappointed that Vauxhall didn't make more effort to push the Ampera in the UK. They seemingly spent so much time pushing their dull range of cars via irritating TV ads that they forgot they had something genuinely interesting to sell.

However 'interesting' doesn't equal 'cool', whether in Vauxhall or Chevrolet form.

While I found the Vauxhall Ampera equivalent to be a surprisingly good car, this probably isn't. Plus it's more expensive than it needed to be.

Uncool.

Probably the only eco car I would consider buying. Makes much more sense than a full EV or a regular hybrid. Looks a whole lot better than other eco cars as well.

Cool.

It's just another "Eco-friendly" car. Sure saving the environment, but not really because you need to produce electricity to charge the batteries, and you'll mainly get that from a power plant, where they are burning coal for energy. All these cars make people think they are going to save the world, even though they physically can't. Just another way to get money out of the people. SU.

Not all energy comes from burning dino-juice, and the percentage that is is only likely to fall. Plus power stations probably convert the fuel to energy in a more efficient fashion than your typical car engine... even before taking in to account the refinement and distribution of the fuel.

You want to see a way to get more money out of people, move to a country where this happens:

unleaded-12th-august-2011.png

solid meh as I just don't care, lifted out of the uncool normally reserved for eco-poser-fashion accessories because when I see one I think, well, at least it's not a Prius!

1721 kg is probably around 3800 pounds (Just guessing, not actually calculating). That sounds like an accurate figure. As for the car, I voted meh. It's just another hybrid that's not particularly exciting.

This gets a low cool from me. My mum, who has no real interest in cars, always points these out and tells me that she likes them. The styling is interesting and different without being over the top, and the engineering is very cool. It's also fairly groundbreaking. Additionally, this is one of the most reliable cars in America, as GM knew that it had to be incredibly solid for anyone to consider what was, at the time, very new and different technology. Naturally they gave it a horrible GM interior, but you can't have it all. It's a cool bit of engineering that gets noticed by average people in a good way.

The only thing i like about this is that the fact most hybrids and electric cars aren't for sale over here and they only hybrid sold here is some Hypercars and that's it.

So that means there's no Prius over here :) but it also means there isn't any Tesla over here. :irked:

Batteries are heavy.

I'm sure most people would rather have a Model S. It's a good thing they aren't remotely competitors, then.

I'm just talking about the two of them being electric cars in the strictest of sense. That's it. I don't care if they were supposed to be competitors or not.

Because, a car twice as expensive and released almost 2 years later could be considered as a competitor to this. :rolleyes:

Because, as I said above, I'm simply talking about the Model S and the Volt being electric cars. I don't care how much expensive the Model S is, and I don't care if the two cars were supposed to compete with each other or not. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Simply put, if I had enough money to buy either a Model S or a Volt, I'd have the Model S any day.

There. Happy?

I'm just talking about the two of them being electric cars in the strictest of sense. That's it. I don't care if they were supposed to be competitors or not.

Because, as I said above, I'm simply talking about the Model S and the Volt being electric cars. I don't care how much expensive the Model S is, and I don't care if the two cars were supposed to compete with each other or not. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Except the Volt isn't an electric car...

Back