2-door coupe
Engine: 6.5L V12
Power: 730 HP
Torque: 507 ft-lbs
Weight: 1575 kg
Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, all-wheel drive
Additional Information:
This nomination only includes the original LP-700 model. Lamborghini does not call this Aventador the LP-700 on their website.

Lamborghini unveiled the follow-up to the Murcielago at the Geneva Motor Show in 2011. One notable difference between the Murcielago and the Aventador is that the Aventador has a more agressive and angular chassis versus its predecessor.

1024px-Orange_Lamborghini_Aventador_LP700_%2813958653933%29.jpg
lamborghini-aventador-13.jpg

A-vent-a-door.

The name may actually sound sillier than Ferrari TheFerrari.

When you actually phonetically spell it out sure... When you take the time to actually understand that its a name of a famous Bull like many Lamborghini, and also a foreign language that changes many things. Now La Ferrari or The Ferrari is its own realm of silly because no matter the translation from Italian to English is pretty straight forward. Driving a Ferrari The Ferrari is just goofy

As for the actual car it's a modern supercar, and one of the very last of its kind a large horsepower V12 engine in a category ruled by hybrid units, V6 or V8 twin turbos. Then again it's a lambo so meh.

Last edited:
Isn't the horsepower rating a little high in the OP?

Not that it matters. Modern supercar, so SU for me. Shame, because I've found it more interesting than the Murcielago before it — even if that car gets romanticized almost solely because of its V12's origins. This really seems like a step on from its predecessor, in a way the Huracan only wishes it could be to the Gallardo.

Has it really been with us for six years already?

When Audi... I mean, Lamborghini... adopted the paddle shift/e-maticsportthingamabob, I lost interest. Each car has been Gallardo, more Gallardo, long Gallardo, long Gallardo sans roof, Big wide long Gallardo w/big engine, Super fast big wide long Gallardo w/only threecolourchoicesthatyouhavenowayinheavenhellorearthtoaffordletaloneseeinthemetal.

Meh. I'll have a Miura.

Don't know if cliche or excellent piece of engineering and savagery...
Meh. I don't have any emotional attachment to it, unlike the Ferrari F40 and Pagani Huayra

Fun fact: I refuse to say a vent a door. I say aven tay da.

Isn't the horsepower rating a little high in the OP?
Indeed. It has 700 CV/PS (690 imperial HP). It's also not a double clutch 'box.

Seriously uncool because it's usually driven by people who like to rev the nuts off the engine while sitting still in traffic resulting in a ticket and/or a fire.

And that's before we take the crome/matte pimped out ones you often see in urban areas into consideration.

Nowhere near as resolved as the Murcielago, the side treatment of the Vent and Door is fugly. Dated terribly, driven by generic people.

Seriously uncool.

I've ridden in one at a car show. I will say that it's an incredible machine with some impressive engineering, but it's not cool.

I used to love the Aventador. It is still a fantastic looking machine and I used to love driving it in GT.

But it isn't cool by any stretch of the imagination. Whether it be that all internet "celebrities" seem to drive a Lambo of some kind or the fact that it is almost too aggressive-looking that make it so uncool.

There really hasn't been a truly cool Lamborghini since the Diablo in my opinion.

I really like the Aventador. But it is Seriously Uncool.

Even quicker than the Stavic?

Yep. Because if someone buys that then you can assume that they're a bit dopey and probably haven't got a lot of taste, but needed a practical car. With the Aventador, you can safely assume that it's been bought to show off. Sort of the upper class equivalent of a 4 inch lift kit and blue xenon bulbs fitted to a 15 year old Dodge Ram. It's like wearing a sign around your neck with an arrow pointing crotchwards and the text "Yeah, it's a bit small. Want to make something of it?"

As an aside, I like the Aventador for its over the top act. It looks great, sounds better, and I can imagine that it's thrilling to drive even if it isn't much of a driver's car. But none of that makes it cool.

When the Aventador initially came out, I kind of liked it since it was still a rather dramatic Lamborghini, and the V12 sounded great. Looked promising, might have been the first super car since the Zonda I actually really liked...

But alas, now my feelings towards it have been severely negated. I think it's a mixture of those horribly cringe-worthy liberty walk kits for it, the horrendous chrome/matte wraps people seem to put on them, and not to mention the fact the fact it's become a tool to flaunt and show-off by the rich.

As a result it's got a stigma attached to it thanks to those things; something that doesn't usually bother me with cars, but with the Aventador it's a big issue. And the nail in the coffin for me, is that now I realise it's not actually that good looking, heck from some angles it's ugly; namely the rear.

This means it's just another super car I don't like, but because of my initial views about it, I've been very generous and given it a Meh.

Edit: what was thinking being generous, it's uncool, but too late now I guess :lol:

Last edited:
Although I was about to vote seriously uncool because supercar, the name is so comically true that I had to bring it to uncool.

But KSI brings it back down.

latest

Back