GTP Cool Wall: 2011+ Lamborghini Aventador

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 47 comments

2011+ Lamborghini Aventador

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Half the time, I can't tell if people on the cool wall are car enthusiasts or social commentators.

Anyways, the Aventador gets a SZ from me. Maybe some bias from my 50/50 weight distribution, 900hp circuit tune from GT6.

Sub Zero from me.
Pretty much every Lamborghini is an automatic SZ. I love them. The Islero and Jarama might be the exception because they are a little ugly to me, but aside from those two, I'm a fan of all the rest. If I had the money, I'd have a fleet of them.

Lamborghinis used to be the cool supercar.

The gentry bought Astons, the playboys bought Ferraris, the nouveau riche bought Porsches and nobody bought Lamborghinis because they were guano-crazy, appalling to drive (the clutch in a Countach is 1960s racing car grade; most people would need both feet on the pedal and hands braced against the roof to push it in) and so vulgar they broke right through the taste-time continuum and came out the other side. They were posters and they were Top Trump cards.

These days, the gentry buy helicopters, playboys still buy Ferraris, the nouveau riche buy everything and a Lamborghini is an Audi with a V12 (or V10) and some holes in the side to give it enough air to breathe. Except the Veneno and Sesto Elemento, which are insane enough, but at a hundred billion gold bars apiece they may as well be a Faberge egg made from the Queen's hymen for all the chance anyone vaguely normal has of ever owning one.

Take the badge off the nose of this (or don't) and most people wouldn't know it from a Ferrari.

I quite like the car...

But when you compare it to the Reventon, the Miura, the old Murcialago, the Diablo, and so many others...

And the fact that it's basically (in terms of who likes it) associated to 5 year-olds and teenagers who have zero interest in cars...

SU.

Although I was about to vote seriously uncool because supercar, the name is so comically true that I had to bring it to uncool.

But KSI brings it back down.

latest

KSI re-wrapped it, and hasn't driven it in quite a long time.

VXR
If the cool wall isn't social commentary, do you even know what cool is as a concept?!

Ironic given how on the newest Porsche 991 thread, most people are judging that car based on what they think of it (mostly boring), but here you have people saying the Aventador is an amazing looking car, but it's driven by some rapper so it's uncool. The meaning of "cool" seems to shift from thread to thread.

It's pretty much impossible to define "cool" on the cool wall, but the most prevalent definition I can see is either "I like this car, therefore it's cool" or "I like this car, but the public hates it, therefore it's uncool".

Last edited:
When Lamborghini announced the Murciélago was going to be replaced, I was quite concerned that the new bull would be as lame and bland as the Gallardo.

I'm glad they proved me wrong.

Sub Zero.

Too overrated and overused by rappers.

Uncool to Seriously Uncool.

Oh and lastly, DRIVING MAH LAMBORGHINI!

It's honestly still an exciting car for me to see, mainly because it wasn't until last fall when I actually saw one for the first time. However yeah, I unfortunately can't rate it cool as some of the customers have ruined any coolness it had when giving it treatment like this:
02fb51c3e2bb689db24670dbdaa7ff22.jpg

Plus, Nicki Minaj owns one.
nicki_minaj_Lamborghini_Aventador_pink_3.jpg

I don't find her to be a cool person. So, seriously uncool it is.

Back