• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 70 comments

2012-2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh look there's a police model.
Abu-Dhabi-Police-Lykan-Hypersport-0.jpg

Try to think this through a bit.

Those comments mean that this is a Rich boy toy. Build and paid by Arab Oil money.

It isn't that hard.

No, they don't really mean anything, that's why I asked for the rationale. You have given yours, that's fine. I would have asked the same question if people were saying the car was uncool because it was made in xyz other country, without adding their reasoning. You might want to dispense with the snottyness though, which was uncalled for.

No, they don't really mean anything, that's why I asked for the rationale. You have given yours, that's fine. I would have asked the same question if people were saying the car was uncool because it was made in xyz other country, without adding their reasoning. You might want to dispense with the snottyness though, which was uncalled for.

Are we going to do this again?

This is just another cliche supercar. Arab(countries)s are actually capable of making reliable and decent everyday vehicles, but this is just very ugly toy. SU

Last edited:
Can anybody explain the rationale for these comments? Not sure how it being made in the UAE should make it crap or uncool by default, as if it's just a given. Not trolling, I am genuinely curious.

To me, Arabian cars are uncool because in my opinion they are purely built for exclusivity and as a way for oil sheikhs to say that they're rich, not to mention that they've also produced vapourware like the Devel Sixteen.

Throw in the fact that one was driven off a skyscraper in an uncool Michael Bay-esque movie and you get one hell-worthy car.

To reiterate, I didn't purely nominate the car to try to send a car to hell. I did anticipate many more SZ votes than what there are right now.

Absolutely, irrevocably uncool. No historical heritage, no incredible feats of engineering, just a bunch of gemstones shoved into the headlights so that it can pretend it's an important car. Frankly I'm pretty certain that not a single person is going to remember this car in 10 years time, even if it's only because some other, even more ostentatious car will be sold by then.

I don't mind the video game styling but with no purpose other than to bait the more wealthy poseurs in the capital of opulence, it'll never be more than a soulless money machine.

Uncool.

This ranks for me just a few cars above the Devil Sixteen concept thing.

Pff, you're very far on that one. At least this thing can drive and looks okay. I won't consider the movie even, I've seen this car in racing games.

And @LMSCorvetteGT2 If you think 2f2f was the worst, you've just annoyed a great chunk of the ones that actually LIKED the movie. Back then, those were the days, not this saving family or mega stunt bullcrap. Very forced.

Not even having The Rock saved it.

As for the car itself, considering it's made in UAE, but at least looks okay, I'm going with a low cool just barely on this.

And @LMSCorvetteGT2 If you think 2f2f was the worst, you've just annoyed a great chunk of the ones that actually LIKED the movie. Back then, those were the days, not this saving family or mega stunt bullcrap. Very forced.

They jumped of a damn boat on to a yacht, they jumped a bridge on the opening race, they made an ejection seat out of a nitrous bottle and solenoid, the cops had guns with Atlantis tridents that could take down ECUs, so long as the driver didn't have a shop rag to pull it out. Ah driving backwards at highway speed, while evading the police, gazing into your passengers eyes while driving even faster to impress them while not at all paying attention to the road. Yeah no mega stunts or anything that basically set off what the series is today, nor did it at all feel forced, especially the CGI to make the opening race scene "better". Something that hadn't been done once Lin took over. Also F&F1 had the family dynamic too...in an almost obvious way, even Brian's boss tells him he needs to be wise about the FAMILY he picks...

Now this is about the crud name W motors lykan hypersport, the gaudy attitude of it was clearly used for a series that asks for that type of dynamic to sell. And also cause Lykan probably paid to have some ad revenue or it was free. Either way you have your memories on the series wrong, and the idea that a car that needs more maintenance due to the costly gems in the headlamps, along with being obnoxiously meant for wealthy clients is not cool at all. It's just desperate to be different is all.

I think the car at least looks okay. Not beautiful or exactly adventurous, but given it's country of origin, it's at least somewhat restrained (well... ignoring the whole diamonds in the headlights thing) and attractive at certain angles. It's certainly more classy than a Gemballa Enzo or gold chrome, wide body Aventador, which is the average choice for Arab billionaires.

Hideously uncool though. Built purely for showing off and to boast about stuff that's completely superfluous. It's far better than other UAE efforts such as the Devel - simply because it isn't vapourware - but that doesn't really matter.

It says a lot that they were willing to build replicas for the Fast 7 crew, who preceded to gave it 3 minutes of screen time and mocked the stereotypical buyer for a car like this. And then jumped the damn thing through 3 buildings. Your company must be desperate if you need advertising which is that ridiculous.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 You have some point but I just feel that the newer Fast and Furious movies have been just fillers.

Bottom line for this car, I don't care about the diamond bits for the headlights, if they were used, that's genius, but they could have been used AT LEAST for the interiors. I based my vote for the looks, the engine it has, and the appearance in games, not that crapfest of a movie.

Like seriously, a car inside a building going into another? Get real. In real life that wouldn't ever have been possible, you would of just, suffered a horrible demise. At least in that yacht part in 2F2F you'd get a few bruises, even if was CGI. Would be also possible to do it in real life but, nobody would enjoy so many cars wasted into the sea - because money reasons.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 You have some point but I just feel that the newer Fast and Furious movies have been just fillers.

Bottom line for this car, I don't care about the diamond bits for the headlights, if they were used, that's genius, but they could have been used AT LEAST for the interiors. I based my vote for the looks, the engine it has, and the appearance in games, not that crapfest of a movie.

Like seriously, a car inside a building going into another? Get real. In real life that wouldn't ever have been possible, you would of just, suffered a horrible demise. At least in that yacht part in 2F2F you'd get a few bruises, even if was CGI. Would be also possible to do it in real life but, nobody would enjoy so many cars wasted into the sea - because money reasons.

...The yacht part was unrealistic on a level to that of going between two buildings. If you don't care about the car being a movie why cling to it? How you feel about the movie also doesn't change that 2f2f had just as crappy and unrealistic of stunts, just with the added bonus of even more bad dialogue than some of the others, and CGI cars.

Also how are diamond's in headlights a genius move? The car looks okay, for all the exotic work they put in with gemstones, real gold inlay stitching throughout the car, holographic displays, you'd think they would spend some time on the performance...instead you get a molded jewelry box on four wheels that goes like stink in a straight line.

Personally I love everything about this but the price.

Looks great IMHO, but neither the performance or looks justify the price.

If you could buy them at retail price, you could have gotten a P1, LaFerrari and 918 for about that price.

Back