• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2012 Formula Ford 1.0 EcoBoost nominated AudiMan2011
ModMonstR-2012-Formula-Ford-EcoBoost-Street-Car-1-2.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2012
Style: 0-door roadster
Engine: 61 ci/995 cc DOHC turbocharged I3 (rated 200 HP & estimated 177 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed squential
Layout: Mid-engine, Rear-drive​

Last edited:
Since I grow weary of waiting...

Race version: After kart racing, this is the next step on the way to F1. And despite a 1.0L 3 banger, it has 170 HP in a car that weighs nothing.

Road version: I don't give 2 damns what anyone says, it's a race car for the road if you like to pretend the BAC Mono doesn't exist.

Sub-Zero.

Last edited:
macrow.jpg

THIS is a Formula Ford, and it is cool.

A Formula Ford isn't road legal, so I don't know what the hell that thing being polled is, and 170hp and a six speed isn't a Formula Ford either.

A Formula Ford isn't road legal, so I don't know what the hell that thing being polled is, and 170hp and a six speed isn't a Formula Ford either.

It's a one-off street-legal version that was created. The true race car wouldn't have lights or a license plate.
Formula-Ford-EcoBoost-The-Street-Legal-Racer.jpg

Fermula Ferd WunCowBuust. An F1 car that can carry f1 cars. Neat-o.

Waiting for poll to pop up before opinion. And looking at the Google searches i made, it's street legal.

@White & Nerdy You forgot the poll...

It's much better-looking than any other track day car, but it's status as a one-off brings it from SZ to a cool. And then to "meh" because of the EcoBoost nameplate and tiny engine.

Meh. You'd get me to turn my head on the street but I'd never want to own one.

Why would anyone would want to spend £45,000 on a highly impractical Formula Ford converted for the road - where you'll never be able to use more than a small percentage of it's performance (which is all about maintaining cornering speed) When you could pick up an older one to use on track, where you can exploit all it's performance, for £8,000 or less.

Why would anyone would want to spend £45,000 on a highly impractical Formula Ford converted for the road - where you'll never be able to use more than a small percentage of it's performance (which is all about maintaining cornering speed) When you could pick up an older one to use on track, where you can exploit all it's performance, for £8,000 or less.

Because you're a madman.

Sub-Zero.

The 2012 race spec Formula Ford is as meh as you can get in terms of race cars (can't beat the old Van Diemen FF's). I don't see how one fit for road use can be any cooler.

Also, those headlights look ridiculous.

Because you're a madman.

Sub-Zero.

Buying a $45,000 toy is more rich-tool than madman.

RS6 Avant? That's madman material.

A single seat not-quite race car to drive around on the street that is entirely impractical? That's almost supercar levels of ostentatiousness.

I'd vote cool if I could.

It is an interesting one-off model that is scary fast on the road, and would be stupidly fast on the track. If it were a volume model, it'd seem a bit more special than the KTM X-Bow and the BAC Mono, but I doubt it would be any cooler than the Ariel Atom. Still, you'd look a bit daft while driving it. Actually, in the free world where you probably would be able to drive it, you'd probably look like an idiot. I suppose that makes it reasonably cool. Maybe.

Doesn't stop me from wanting one.

I've driven a Formula Ford before, it's amazing fun and I'd love to own one as a track day car because of that. Doesn't make it cool though.

Uncool.

Should get the mods to merge this thread with the other so the posts don't go bye-bye.

It's a racecar.

Well, no, it's a road-legal racecar.

It looks epic.

Or maybe absolutely ridiculous.

It's supposedly a complete blast to drive.

But it still looks absolutely ridiculous.

-

Officially undecided. Ugh.

Sub-Zero.

Ford had serious guts to turn a Formula Ford into a street-legal car to show off their 1.0 liter EcoBoost. Car makers who abuse the term "race car for the road" should look at this thing because it didn't sacrifice much of what made it a racing car.

The world needs cars like this that are built by engineers that have a sense of humour. If they were banned from making such crazy creations (this applies to the Tramontana and Caparo), we'd all be driving around in Camrys, Sunbirds and Volvos and it would just be so boring.

I'm going with a mild cool. It would be Sub Z, but the styling looks like an Angry bird, or Cyril Sneer.. Road going Kazoos, however (LCC Rocket), are Sub zero. :D

Back