Transmission: CVT automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
Lexus_GS450h_F_Sport%20(4).jpg

2012-lexus-gs-450h-f-sport-004.jpg

Lexus_GS450h_F_Sport%20(2).jpg

43109-JLbvhx-big.jpg

2013_Lexus_GS_450h_F-Sport_007_5231.jpg

As a GS fanatic, I do not want to see this go down.

Already seeing the "SU because it's a Lexus/Toyota" coming.

*hides in a hole*

If Lexus and the japanese in general get over this CVT nonsense they might make some cars people might be passionate about.

Its a Meh, not good enough to warrent an uncool or cool status.

As far as the appearance go, I'm a HUGE fan. Powertrain takes it down a notch.

It somehow manages to look both dull and ugly at the same time, but the ugly is mostly because of the F-Sport body kit. Excluding the body kit, the car is just plain dull. Uncool.

Don't understand why people still complain about the CVT ... I don't get it it's nice to have power in any situation and it sounds sportive if you fast and it's more efficient than a normal automatic gearbox

Don't understand why people still complain about the CVT ... I don't get it it's nice to have power in any situation and it sounds sportive if you fast and it's more efficient than a normal automatic gearbox
I've Owned a CVT Audi A4 before, trust me it's not plesent, plus it's much more jerky then a regular Automatic.

if you like your cars sounding like a whipper snipper then fine.

I've Owned a CVT Audi A4 before, trust me it's not plesent, plus it's much more jerky then a regular Automatic.

if you like your cars sounding like a whipper snipper then fine.

I don't speak about Audi and what do you mean with jerky ... we drove one of these and the V6 sounds great and the car feels great (even tho you won't hear much inside a Lexus ;) )

Is the drivetrain mostly unchanged from the previous GS450h? Seems like the fundamentals are still there. Power output is even the same.

Gut instinct says uncool. Also, as good a car as it may be, that front end is terrible.

The sporty version of the eco-focused hybrid with try too hard yet conservative styling and a Lexus badge. I can just feel my blood rushing.

F-Sport trim can't save it from being a boring hybrid Lexus sedan.

Uncool.

I don't mind large grilles. Yet as much as I try to find them appealing, I can't stand the current crop of Lexus front fascias. In this case it only serves to give a dull car the bonus of having a needlessly jagged front end.

Uncool.

STOP THE POLLS.

This car does NOT have a CVT. It's a planetary gear drive with hybrid assist. No belts. No chains. No fiddly-diddly dual clutch mechanisms. Just solid drive using hybrid assist to fill in the gaps.

You can't get a more proper gear connection without going for a three speed manual.

I drove one of these for a week. It was entertainingly torquey, had fantastic handling and could actually do nearly 40 mpg on the highway.

Granted, it still lacks that last little something, but the only midsized non M or AMG I'd have over this is the Jaguar XF.

So, no. Not CVT. Not sucky to drive.

Still seriously uncool. Can't outfun ugly.

the only midsized non M or AMG I'd have over this is the Jaguar XF.
That's almost exactly how I'd put it, too. Indeed, I'd possibly even rather have one of these over the diesel Jag equivalent, but put an 'R' badge on the Jag and it swings the Brit's way again.

Jag is definitely cooler though.

That's almost exactly how I'd put it, too. Indeed, I'd possibly even rather have one of these over the diesel Jag equivalent, but put an 'R' badge on the Jag and it swings the Brit's way again.

Jag is definitely cooler though.

I like the powertrain more than the diesel Jag, but I'd still rather have the Jag... weedy power (compared to this or a Bimmer diesel) notwithstanding... as it just "feels" more right from behind the wheel.

-

Then again.. the GS450h is probably ten times more practical to own.

While they might be good cars, (I don't care, Lexus will always be 🤬, if you ask me.) I don't see how the end of the diesel engines would help Lexus in the European market without some changes to the brand image. First their cars weren't different enough (dull) and now they are too different (ugly). It's much more common is to see Jaguar XF than it is to see a Lexus and Jaguar isn't very high rated company here.

I'll get hate for this post. I'm almost sure about it.

Back