GTP Cool Wall: 2012+ Lexus GS450h F-Sport

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 54 comments

2012+ Lexus GS450h F-Sport

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While they might be good cars, (I don't care, Lexus will always be 🤬, if you ask me.) I don't see how the end of the diesel engines would help Lexus in the European market without some changes to the brand image. First their cars weren't different enough (dull) and now they are too different (ugly). It's much more common is to see Jaguar XF than it s to see a Lexus and Jaguar isn't very high rated company here.

I'll get hate for this post. I'm almost sure about it.

I can see a big change here in germany in case of Lexus and Lexus owners ... I would like to say they became more popular... the cars can completely hold up with european cars and some times even beat them ... Why would I choose an unreliable XF with ford / Citroen / Peugeot engine that will make me a lots of frustration reaching the 100k KM ?

Lexi just aren't cool, and this GS isn't an exemption. It barely looks different from a normal GS, they could have been a LITTLE more creative with the styling. I didn't even know there was an F-Sport Hybrid, and these have been on the road for 3 years- which only proves it needs styling more different from its non-F counterpart. However, there's not any reason I can see that it would be uncool. It's reliable, has RWD, good power.

Solid meh.

I can see a big change here in germany in case of Lexus and Lexus owners
I don't know about German market that much, but I can say that there are much more buyers for cars in Germany and there will always be people who want something that others don't, that's why people import cars even to countries with large automotive industry.
I would like to say they became more popular...
That's your opinion, while I disagree with it, I have to respect it.
the cars can completely hold up with european cars and some times even beat them
True, but that isn't the only thing when you're trying to sell cars in Europe. For example, Toyota Auris is better car than Opel Astra, but people still buy the Opel.
Why would I choose an unreliable XF with ford / Citroen / Peugeot engine that will make me a lots of frustration reaching the 100k KM ?
I can't say anything for anybody else, but for me the XF just feels good. If reliability was so important for me when talking about cars, I'd probably hate my favorite car.

I like Lexuses and I've always liked the GS since the second generation debuted in 1998. I'm sure this car is reliable, comfortable, and will do everything a person will need, but it's uncool, pushed further down by the ugly front.

Uncool.

I don't know about German market that much, but I can say that there are much more buyers for cars in Germany and there will always be people who want something that others don't, that's why people import cars even to countries with large automotive industry.
That's your opinion, while I disagree with it, I have to respect it.
True, but that isn't the only thing when you're trying to sell cars in Europe. For example, Toyota Auris is better car than Opel Astra, but people still buy the Opel.
I can't say anything for anybody else, but for me the XF just feels good. If reliability was so important for me when talking about cars, I'd probably hate my favorite car.
Well of course here the people obviously will more love their cars than others but what I tried to say is that they got more attention ;)
Sadly many people doesn't know what to buy like in your example with the Astra ;)
Well if a car does broke every week and you have to pay money and money to repair it I would think about reliability ...

Well if a car does broke every week and you have to pay money and money to repair it I would think about reliability ...
I don't know many cars that are that unreliable and the ones I know are more like weekend cars for someone who really likes that particular car. I certainly wouldn't want to own super-unreliable everyday car.

I don't know many cars that are that unreliable and the ones I know are more like weekend cars for someone who really likes that particular car. I certainly wouldn't want to own super-unreliable everyday car.
Haha I know one mate ... it was a ford Focus Wagon Ghia edition from our neighbors (even tho it was freaking new our corolla was never getting such big problems as his focus) how you mentioned it earlier some people just don't know what to buy with their money ...

On one hand, it doesn't have the hideous new-gen segmented headlights of the other models. On the other, the grille design is poor. Meh.

Upper me from me, almost a cool. I like the styling of the front, but the rest is pretty formulaic. Glad there are less "Why would I buy this when I could buy (insert unimaginative German car choice here)" comments than usual here though.

It's transport. Or a suspiciously expensive Corolla left on the air pump for too long, with a serious need for a comprehensive dental plan.

You can order as many locally-sourced, sustainable vanilla ice creams as you want, but no matter how complicated the production, it's still just vanilla.

I like this car. It's generally very good to drive, it's comfortable in a way the Germans don't really do, and it looks great from the inside. However, it's also a bit messy on the outside, it's huge, and it's a Lexus. Lexi aren't cool, and this is a big, overstyled executive car. SU.

Seriously Uncool just because its a Lexus and the horrid front end. So I wonder is the new LOOK AT ME!! Styling driving away the old folks who used to buy Lexus?

Seriously Uncool just because its a Lexus and the horrid front end. So I wonder is the new LOOK AT ME!! Styling driving away the old folks who used to buy Lexus?

Nope.

In fact, Lexus has figured out what BMW has known for years. That people who don't want to be seen aren't into conspicuous consumption (either that or they're buying Mercs, anyway). Whereas people with money to burn want everyone to know exactly who they are and how much their new car is. Witness BMW's rise to dominance on the back of controversial Bangle-era styling.

Doesn't matter if it looks like the love-child of an alien Predator and... another... alien Predator... as long as people know it's a Lexus, that's mission accomplished.

Great fun in Forza 5 and Horizon 2, simply because of seeing large saloon cars oversteer is always fun. Cool to me.

Latest Posts

Back