New York
Jahgee1124
2012 Zagato BMW Z4 Coupe nominated by @motortrend
01-bmw-zagato-coupe.jpg

Body Style:
2 Door Coupé
Engine: 3.0L Twin-Turbocharged I6
Power Output: 335 HP
Transmission: 7 Speed Automatic (Dual Clutch)
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Grille was inspired by Buckminster Fuller.

Wut :odd:

Never seen this BMW, honestly.

That front end looks cool and weird at the same time...

I think I'll go to neutral territory here. Meh.

I was gonna go all: Is cool because of aggressive front. Then i head back to look at it's back.

meet-the-best-looking-modern-bmw-the-z4-zagato-photo-gallery_16.jpg

Hmm... that looks like a design made for a hybrid car. A good meh would fit.

It has a Zagato body AND drives like a BMW. I say Sub Zero. One of the most beautiful BMWs ever made. The only way it could be any better would be if it had the S65 V8 from the E9x M3.

Kidney grille need more Z's.

Much nicer rear than the production Z4. The front has an aggressive shape that makes the standard model seem dull. Shame it's a one-off to be honest, but at least it's road legal.

A very low cool.

Last edited:
Meh.

I love the Z3.

And why is it SC?

Z3 M coupe is better looking. Z4 is far too swoopy and looks melted, and the zagato version just makes it more pronounced. then there's the rear end that looks like every other rear end Zagato has made in the recent years, which means someone shot it with a 12-gauge shotgun.. Repeatedly.

Sub zero. Almost certainly drives amazingly. It has Italian design with German engineering. How could that be anything below meh?

Designed by Zagato - Sub Zero
Looks like a concept car from the back - Uncool
Has decent numbers - Cool
Front of the car looks great - Sub Zero

Sub Zero :D

These polls should have front and rear end photos in the OP. I was going for a solid Meh, then someone posted a photo of the rear end....almost threw up....Seriously Uncool from me.

Cool, because I don't know. What's not cool is that they haven't brought anything similar into production.

Great looking car that was designed by Zagato, that should equal Sub Zero but it doesn't. I think it's Seriously Uncool because, if it was actually ever made, it would've been made in very small numbers at a stupidly high price, the fact that it's exactly the same as the normal Z4 just rebodied, doesn't help it's case.

Zagato alone should make this enough for sub-zero, if they produced it. Unfourtunately it's a concept, drivable, but you cannot buy it and that is Seriously Uncool

Sorry to be a pedant, but the cars name is the BMW Zagato Coupe, there shouldn't really be a mention of the Z4 (although clearly that's what it started off at).

Its ugly, like .... seriously ugly. Seems to have had a reaction to a bee-sting. The tail is the best looking part in my opnion, but that photo above isn't the most flattering. It's only redeeming feature for me is the fact that it's a proper coupe, rather than a folding hard-top. The BMW Zagato Roadster didn't look any better.

It isn't bad looking, but it isn't great looking either. Uncool, because it's just BMW coupe that you can't buy.

Not quite as strange as the Zagato Toyota MR2 VM180, but still rather... interesting.

Doesn't mean it gets anything better than a Meh though...

I don't understand why people give this a meh. I mean, it has some things you might like and some you don't but I think it's more of a love it or hate it car (cool or uncool).

Anyway, gets a SZ from me because they actually managed to make it sound good

Back