GTP Cool Wall: 2013+ Rimac Concept_One

2013+ Rimac Concept_One

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uncool because:

1) Apparently misleading model name.

2) Looks aren't particularly flattering.

3) You'd have to inform people that your Tesla-cum-Burnout Paradise EV was actually built buy some other obscure brand in Croatia.

4) Said brand's name sounds like a portmanteau of Rimmer and Mac.

Looks are close but not quite cool.
Relatively unknown (low production) company would be meh.
Absolutely no rear window is uncool.

Combined I'd say low meh until I realized the idea of the car is to create a pure electric 1000hp vehicle.

Front looks like a copy pasted Jaguar.

The electric engine is pretty epic though, but since no one as ever heard of this some thing like this surely would make waves it was actually going to be made, but chances are it never will.

Seriously uncool.

Missed your comment :D

I've never heard of this car before. Any more information @Naveek Darkroom?
I don't actually remember how I heard of this car. I've seen it in the GT Suggestions section, but I don't know how I originally heard of it. All I know it's that it's some limited production electric supercar from Croatia, of all places. Yes, it's production car. Not a concept. The name could be better. Though voting it uncool just because of the name seems unfair to me. Then again, there are a lot of cars with stupid sounding names. I could think of quite a few kei cars with silly names, like the Daihatsu Naked and the Honda N-Box/ (You actually say "slash").

I don't actually remember how I heard of this car. I've seen it in the GT Suggestions section, but I don't know how I originally heard of it. All I know it's that it's some limited production electric supercar from Croatia, of all places. Yes, it's production car. Not a concept. The name could be better. Though voting it uncool just because of the name seems unfair to me. Then again, there are a lot of cars with stupid sounding names. I could think of quite a few kei cars with silly names, like the Daihatsu Naked and the Honda N-Box/ (You actually say "slash").
Yeah but Stupid name plus never heard of is basically as uncool as it gets, credibility and coolness kind of has to be earned first.

^^
It's not pronounced the way you think it is though :D

Actually, the Rimac company is located just outside of my town, and sometimes I see Mr. Rimac on the road in his electric M3. I'm not into cars like these but I voted sub zero. I believe around 8 have been built and sold so far.

The more i read/see and hear it, i wish i'd voted it Sub-Zero.

Sure, the name could have been better, but it does indeed look like a concept car. Oh, and for those moaning about a lack of rear window, it does have a rear view mirror (must be a camera at the back).

Uncool. It's just another "look, I drive an electric car" (but not really because it isn't available) toy for the 1%ers. Oh and its styling is somehow simultaneously outlandish and mundane, which gives me one of those floating-from-between-my-eyes-to-my-left-temple headaches.

It's Croatian. So am I. And while I don't always adher to national pride, in this instance I feel I must.
Sub-Zero.

Looks like someting from Gran Theft Auto. Seriously uncool.

Think it looks good and has electricity as it's powerplant. But it's ultimatly uncool because it probably won't be reliable, as an unfortunate name and it makes look like a massive showoff, especially because it's an unknown car. And because it's fairly obscure only petrolheads are going to recognise it, and as we all know, petrolheads are uncool.

Electric car. Quite pleasant looking in a Burnout/Ridge Racer generic way. I imagine it's quick, but I can never get on with the lack of noise/gearbox/"mechanicalness", three of my favourite and most involving aspects of an exciting sports car. Pure electric sports cars can feel artificial and digital in comparison, even when ballistically quick. Overall, a meh. It leaves me cold.

Back