GTP Cool Wall: 2014+ BMW M4 (F82 / F83)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 36 comments

2014+ BMW M4 (F82 / F83)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Wiegert to me the engine makes it uncool free. It's just so good. And special.

I'm going to have to go with @Weigert on this one. The engine in the M3/M4 is a total let down. Yes it's powerful and efficient, but it sounds atrocious and isn't as smooth as the N55 or the outgoing S65.

M3s have always sounded beautiful, but the M4 sounds like a 1980s Volvo with a broken muffler. I still have no idea how/why they made it sound like that when every other BMW inline 6 engine ever made sounds so good (including all other I6 turbos currently offered in the range)

How? The S55 is just the better and newer version of that engine with lighter crankshaft, strengthened pistons, better valve material, twin fuel pump and revised intercoolers.

I meant smooth in terms of power delivery, which is probably more to do with way the engine is tuned rather than the actual internals

It sounds horrible. Even a 30 year old Mercedes 560 SE sounded way, way better. But it's a nice looking car actually, but being a modern BMW, it's Uncool.

I said seriously uncool. There used to be a time when M cars ruled the car world, but it is extremely hard to believe that this stems from the E30 M3. I've never seen one in person (or maybe I have and not noticed), but it looks gigantic in pictures.

I can't look at this car or even hear it's name without bursting out laughing because of a certain incident on this site, so my opinion is going to be horrendously biased. I know this statement has been controversial in the past, but I actually see this as a "meme car", in the same ranks as the Aries and the 2.2 Camry.

That's probably just me, though.

Oh, and while it's not actually that bad of a car, it reeks of the worse side of BMW M cars, so I'm saying Uncool.

#justice4yasma

Back