• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2014+ Chevrolet Corvette nominated by Azure Flare

capturec7-png.92929

Stats:
Production: 2014+
Style: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Engine: LT1 376 ci/6.2 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 455 HP & 460 lb-ft with standard exhaust and 460 HP & 465 lb-ft with optional performance exhaust)
Transmission: 6L80 6-speed automatic, TR-6070 7-speed manual
Layout: Front-mid-engine, Rear-drive​

Last edited:
How much do I like this car? The picture used for this is mine from GT6 (Although, the one seen here still has the black wheels, I have now got silver wheels on it.). But wait, there's more!

This is the first Corvette I would actually want to own and daily drive, the ones before just aren't refined enough for my tastes. And I have sat in a C6 and can confirm that the seats are crap.

Corvettes have been about bang-for-your-buck, but the C7 is entirely up to spec. And I do love the tail lights.

Sub-Zero, to the extreme. :bowdown:

@White & Nerdy You should take out the Z06 engine and 8-speed transmission, this nomination was only meant for the Stingray even though I forgot to specify that.

It's an awesome car and while I don't like the styling, I like it as a sports car. However, it's still a car that middle aged, fat, bald guys like to buy to relive their youth, which makes it uncool.

Sub-Zero, just for the fact the corvette has came a long way now.

Until the C6 corvette I thought they were all ugly, they have really came along way to me.

Never have liked the Corvette, apart from the original. To me European cars in the same market are vastly more appealing, the new Exige, the Evora, most Aston Martins, Ferrari's etc etc.

There's nothing about the Corvette that makes me want one.

Not a fan of Corvettes (except for the C4) but this one is inarguably sub-zero...in America.

If I were in Europe, however, it would be seriously uncool.

In terms of bang for buck it's pretty much unmatched and it's the best Corvette of all time etc. etc. On that basis alone it should be Sub-Zero.

However. I'm not sold on the styling. It looks too much, looks like it's got too many vents and gills and little finnicky bits on it to me. I end up with a low cool.

Yeah, the design did grow on me a little over the months. And that modern edge - even on a Stingray - does have a sliver of appeal while still looking awkward in some spots.

On UK roads though, a C7 would look awkward. Period.

Last edited:
The car is great, it drives well and no longer has a terrible interior. Unfortunately, Corvettes aren't cool. In America they're driven by white-haired old men, and in the UK they're just not driven because they're not really useable here, and it would look very brash.

The styling gives the Corvette a much needed 21st century look and can outperform it's rivals for less money. But drive one in the UK and you'd look like more of a tosser than you would in a 911.

Uncool.

I associate this car primarily with Gran Turismo, not through driving it a lot in Gran Turismo, but through GM's concerted efforts to associate the car with Gran Turismo.

What's that word for things that aren't cool again?

But drive one in the UK and you'd look like more of a tosser than you would in a 911.

Why? I've never thought anyone driving a Corvette here is a tosser.

By the way the car is cool. I like the new refreshed design and gives it a more exotic look. Cool.

Uncool. Corvette coolness is proportional to age. With C1s and C2s significantly cooler than anything that followed.

All the C7 needs is time though. Ferraris are the same. Uncool new, cooler as they gradually move from those having middle-aged crises into the hands of enthusiasts or those who are happy to pull bits off them and stick them on the track now and then.

Cooler than sub zero, but I can completely understand why people are giving the uncool votes (stereotypical mid-life crisis car etc.).

I'll give it Cool. It seems like the first Corvette in a long while where GM actually made an honest attempt to build a good car that takes itself seriously, rather than something "good enough" scrapped together for cheap. And from all frontal angles, it's the most stylish one since the unbeatably attractive C2, with a much better second attempt at non-popup headlights compared to the chintzy Ferrari-360-wannabe units of the C6. If only the "eye makeup" around the taillights and integrated exhaust tip shroud didn't give it such a derpy face on the rear end:

2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-rear.jpg

Didn't like it the 1st time I saw it... hated the rear of it with a passion...

Barely escapes meh, but it's a low cool for me...

I'll give it a cool for the massive jump in quality over the C6 - I sat in both a hardtop and convertible at the autoshow last week and was genuinely impressed, compared to the laugh-out-loud terribleness of the C6 last year. That said, it's still got quite a bad reputation to shake off; the amount of douchery lined up to sit in it, pump up the terribad rap, and pose giving gang signs to their friends for their iPhone pictures was an amount normally reserved for an episode of Entourage.

Sub zero. First Vette I have genuinely cared for since the C4.

Back