Engines:
5.2L V10 + 3 electric motors
Power: 897 hp
Torque: 413 lb-ft. + unknown electric
Weight: Unknown
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Lamborghini claims it gets 282 MPG, it's a Plug in Hybrid that gets 50 Km on the Battery, 0 to 60 time is 3 seconds with a top speed of 198.3 MPH."​
1bb19190-4a18-11e4-a6e8-e52abde8a31d_Lamborghini-Asterion-Concept-top2.jpg

lamborghini-asterion-04.jpg

Lamborghini-Asterion-LPI910-4-11.jpg

24-lamborghini-asterion-paris-1.jpg

06-lamborghini-asterion-paris-1.jpg

282 MPG? On what? The European cycle for ludicrous claims? I could believe 28.2, but not 282. And they seem to be underestimating the performance. I wouldn't be surprised if it could hit 60 in well under 3 seconds and top 200. The Aventador hit 60 in 3 seconds in Car and Driver's testing (Road and Track got 2.7) and it can top out at 217, supposedly, with 690 horsepower. The Huracan was clocked by Car and Driver at just 2.5 seconds to 60 and it can reach 202, and that's with about 600 horsepower, or so they say. 3 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 198 sound like what the V10 could do on its own. Since this car is probably heavier than the Huracan, I wouldn't be surprised if they're quoting performance with just the V10 and none of the electric motors running.

Last edited:
282 MPG? On what? The European cycle for ludicrous claims? I could believe 28.2, but not 282. And they seem to be underestimating the performance claims. I wouldn't be surprised if it could hit 60 in well under 3 seconds and top 200. The Aventador can hit 60 in 3 seconds flat (Road and Track got 2.7) and top out at 217. The Huracan was clocked by Car and Driver at 2.5 seconds to 60 and it can reach 202.

The top speed is more a limitation on the electric motors rather than its actual outputs.

And the Asterion gets a Meh from me. The styling is alright, but not exactly sexy or even outrageous, but it's both Cool and Uncool because it's a hybrid.

The top speed is more a limitation on the electric motors rather than its actual outputs.

And the Asterion gets a Meh from me. The styling is alright, but not exactly sexy or even outrageous, but it's both Cool and Uncool because it's a hybrid.
Yeah, 198 doesn't seem that unreasonable considering the Huracan can hit 202, and that this car is probably heavier.

282 MPG? On what? The European cycle for ludicrous claims? I could believe 28.2, but not 282. And they seem to be underestimating the performance. I wouldn't be surprised if it could hit 60 in well under 3 seconds and top 200. The Aventador hit 60 in 3 seconds in Car and Driver's testing (Road and Track got 2.7) and it can top out at 217, supposedly, with 690 horsepower. The Huracan was clocked by Car and Driver at just 2.5 seconds to 60 and it can reach 202, and that's with about 600 horsepower, or so they say. 3 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 198 sound like what the V10 could do on its own. Since this car is probably heavier than the Huracan, I wouldn't be surprised if they're quoting performance with just the V10 and none of the electric motors running.

Of course they're going to quote the best possible performance and MPG figures, that's what manufacturers do. I don't believe they ever said that the MPG figures were gained at the same time as the 0-60.

This needs to go into production more than the Urus SUV. The possibilities of the hybrid powertrain could have this put other GT cars to shame.

Sub Zero.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Erh, no. Not unless you believe electricity grows on trees and only ever drive exactly 40 miles every day.

But just for claiming that, SU.

Only modern Lamborghini could make a 5.2L V10 supercar look dull, but the Asterion has the additional characteristic of being ugly too. Meh.

There is something about the Asterion I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think it is ugly, but it is not Lamborghini's best design either. The hybrid powerplant sounds neat, but the quoted figures clearly come from "In Your Dreams Land, Italy". What Lamborghini needs to do now is actually use this powerplant on one of their cars and see how it does. As for the Asterion, let's just it would not be my main "concept to production" choice.

What about the Estoque, Lambo? For now, the Asterion gets a meh, simply because you can't have one yet and because its design leaves a lot to be desired. If it hits production? I may reconsider my vote then.

Eh... I can see something in it. It doesn't look like the product of a Nighthawk and a Lancia Stratos unlike Lamborghini's other recent offerings. Very low cool.

Lamborghinis gets Sub-Zero on my book BUT WAIT!

It uses eletric engine and it looks good...Drop to cool I guess. And wait, there's more.

It's a concept. As much I love concept cars and this is a recent one, it haven't hit production yet but there is always room for disaster.

Well, Meh is the best I can do.

It would be sub-zero because it's a Lamborghini and because it just makes people throw hissy fits since it's a hybrid. But since it's a concept car, then seriously uncool.

This needs to go into production more than the Urus SUV. The possibilities of the hybrid powertrain could have this put other GT cars to shame.

Sub Zero.
Seems the reported idea is for said hybrid powertrain is to make its way into production in the Urus itself.

Looks decent but its a modern Lambo. They haven't made a cool car since the Diablo.

It's the most insane Lambo because it has soo much power and it looks nuts. Sub Zero

Back