Engines:
4.0L Twin Turbo V8 (Mercedes M178)
Power: 462 hp
Torque: 440 lb-ft.
Weight: 1615 kg
Transmission: 7-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe​
(GT S may be pictured here as well, hard to find the differences between GT and GT S)
3.jpg

AMG-GT-26.jpg

AMG-GT-24.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-GT-Heck-1200x800-59e0d85ff3db74b1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-AMG-GT.jpg

the_quality_feel_of_the_interior_of_the_mercedes_amg_its_extensive_standard_equipment_and_its_high_suitability_for_everyday_use_are_exceptional._1.jpg

The main difference between the GT and GT S is that the latter has 503hp and 479 ft lbs.

The SLS looked great but this has returned to the Mercedes formula of looking like a Chinese Mercedes knockoff. Unbelievably chintzy.

Seriously Uncool

SLS AMG replacement that isn't a pure showoff car. Cool

Too bad that most owners will probably be showoffs anyways... But yes, the AMG is a solid replacement for the SLS. Without Gullwing doors, yes, but at least you won't have to worry about looking like a tool while trying to exit the car. And the design is nice as well. Yes, the rear end looks a tad bit too much like a 911's rear end, but it isn't too offensive or anything.

It's a elegant car, and one that packs the proper punch. Sad to see the naturally-aspirated AMG V8 gone, but I guess that was a change that Mercedes was forced to make. It's a cool car.

The SLS looked great but this has returned to the Mercedes formula of looking like a Chinese Mercedes knockoff. Unbelievably chintzy.

Seriously Uncool
At least this doesn't pretend to be an eagle.

Too bad that most owners will probably be showoffs anyways... But yes, the AMG is a solid replacement for the SLS. Without Gullwing doors, yes, but at least you won't have to worry about looking like a tool while trying to exit the car. And the design is nice as well. Yes, the rear end looks a tad bit too much like a 911's rear end, but it isn't too offensive or anything.

It's a elegant car, and one that packs the proper punch. Sad to see the naturally-aspirated AMG V8 gone, but I guess that was a change that Mercedes was forced to make. It's a cool car.
I love this car and the NA V8 I think suits the car well, the SLS just had waaay too much torque. Like most AMG Mercs

I love this car and the NA V8 I think suits the car well, the SLS just had waaay too much torque. Like most AMG Mercs

Well, that was part of the SLS's charm. Yes, it could really deliver wheelspin coming out of a corner, but that soundtrack was quite the sound, eh?

That's a Top Gear quote from Jeremy lol
Is it? May have been but I wasn't trying to quote someone. That is my honest opinion of this car.
Edit: @Niku Driver HC I see the SLS as a madder, show off version of the GT in a way, it is louder, makes a better noise and leaves a trail of smoke anywhere it goes.

I really, really like these (at least in photos, not seen one in the metal yet)... less extreme proportions than the SLS.

According to the mags, very nice to drive too - fast, decent ride, great handling.

Cool in a discrete colour.

An AMG Merc that isn't a total madman which destroys it's tyres every 400 yards if the driver behaves like Clarkson.

Probably better than the 911 IMO.

Cool.

Not a bad SLS follow up. But for me this lacks the same level of character and uniqueness while borrowing a mish mash of styling cues from the current Mercedes crop. The family face looking particularly awkward on this one.

Uncool.

Last edited:
It seems like I'm one of the few who prefers the AMG GT to the SLS. I think it looks less fussy from the front and gorgeous from the rear.

*Just* going with cool for now, but as soon as I see a premier league footballer or any rapper/singer/actor with no imagination showing theirs off on MTV Cribs, it'll be uncool.

Even if it had many, many salvageable cool qualities (and it doesn't - it's a footballer's car), this bit of company rebranding:
Mercedes-AMG
would sink it into a pit of hot liquid magma.

I like the styling better than the SLS. The GT3 version looks amazing, too. I'll take it in silver.

I like the yellow, it does suit it very well. But, silver because traditional Mercedes color.
Silver does look good on pretty much every Mercedes ever made in ever ever. Except the 190E Evo because it was only available in black.

Is it just me or does it look like M-B regressed to the '00s in designing this car? To me, the SLS AMG is a more contemporary and mature design. This is just, "MORE CURVES! MORE SMOOTH! WACKY MISSHAPED HEADLIGHTS!"

It's also just another modern, expensive, and overweight performance car with a turbo V8 and semi-automatic, which is Uncool enough. At least it isn't as phallic as the SLR.

Is it just me or does it look like M-B regressed to the '00s in designing this car? To me, the SLS AMG is a more contemporary and mature design. This is just, "MORE CURVES! MORE SMOOTH! WACKY MISSHAPED HEADLIGHTS!"

It's also just another modern, expensive, and overweight performance car with a turbo V8 and semi-automatic, which is Uncool enough. At least it isn't as phallic as the SLR.
Actually this has an N/A V8.

Latest Posts

Back