United Kingdom
2015+ BMW X6M (F16) nominated by @townha99

maxresdefault.jpg

Body Style: 5-door crossover SUV
Engine: Twin-Turbo 4.4L V8 (S63B44T2)
Power: 567 hp
Torque: 553 lb-ft
Weight: 2365 kg
Transmission: 8-speed M STEPTRONIC automatic with manual shifting through paddle shifters
Drivetrain: Front-engine, four wheel drive
Additional Information: 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds as tested by Car and Driver.
Governor limited to 160 mph
Roadholding: 1.01 g
Quarter-mile: 12.1 seconds @ 115 mph​

BMW-X6_M_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_29.jpg
BMW-X6_M_2016_1280x960_wallpaper_5a.jpg
BMW-X6_M_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_83.jpg
BMW-X6_M_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_89.jpg

Fast SUVs are already Seriously Uncool. A fast coupe-styled SUV is added pointless on top of pointless on top of Seriously Uncool.

The M Division should've known better.

"Good day Mr. BMW driver sir! That's a quick looking SUV you've got ther-"

"OUT OF MY WAY 🤬!"

"...well then." I quietly mutter as he weaves through traffic, with his turn-signal taking a lengthy vacation.

Seriously Uncool

I'll say it now: I'm not completely opposed to the concept of a fast SUV. A Rangie with the supercharged V8 – not the SVR model, that's too shouty – seems like an excellent place to be.

But this just looks so awful. Whenever I see one on the road, I get a little nauseous at the shape of it. The X6M carries its weight about as well as an asthmatic octogenerian runs the New York Marathon. It quite literally looks like a giant rolling turd.

The only thing less cool is Mercedes' equivalent GLE, because it's a shameless copy of a horrible concept.

Can't wait till Freightliner makes a hot Cascadia? This will tide you over lol. Seriously Uncool.

Usually I like anything fast but these super SUV/Crossover vehicles just rub me the wrong way. As overkill as driving nails with a sledge hammer, usually I like that analogy. A wolf in whale's clothing lol.

Last edited:
The sum of everything that is wrong today with car industry. It tries to be a coupe and SUV and fails epically. Older one is just as bad. But sadly, saying one negative think about this rubbish outside here won't end nicely.

Though I'll still rather have the X5M, these have kind of grown on me and I do kind of like them.

Seriously uncool.

Unlike everyone else, I actually quite like this car.

But it's far from cool.

Meh.

There is something in this - because I do actually want one. The sheer madness of the concept appeals somehow. It maybe that it is so seriously uncool - it is actually having some coolness about it!

Voted Cool!
but then I have rarely bought the sensible option when it comes to cars.

Undoubtedly effective, but like all 'fast' SUV's utterly pointless.

Horrendous image.

SU

Can you even begin to imagine what sort of cretin drops £94k+ on one of these?

I bet these come with oversized cup-holders designed especially for protein drink cups - which the owners no doubt carry around with them all day.

I absolutely love the X6. These things are a blast to drive.

Doesn't change the fact that this is the:

Quickest Seriously Uncool ever.

It's the automotive equivalent of the Starbucks Double Latte in a Gold Leaf ceramic cup (which I have just Googled, and ye gods, the cup actually exists!)... a product created specifically to cater to conspicuous consumption upper-middle class types who need to scream to the world about how much money they make.

Have only ever met one X-M owner. Thankfully, not face to face, because he was a complete and utter tool... who eventually discovered you can't put "plebs" on your ignore list if they're moderators. :D Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Last edited:
This was only built by the M division because BMW marketing and accounting execs said so.

That said, I don't recall ever seeing an X6M in the past, which makes the question of who it's actually made for all the more prominent.

Horrifically uncool.

*looks at front* Can't be that bad...
*Looks at specs* Aw it's alright I guess
IE6.gif
So yeah Uncool... That rear is terrifying

Back