GTP Cool Wall: 2015 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring Sport Edition

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiegert
  • 41 comments
  • 3,278 views

2015 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring Sport Edition


  • Total voters
    118
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
Messages
13,409
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2015 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring Sport Edition nominated by @Obelisk

maxresdefault.jpg


Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 3.5L V6
Power: 268 hp
Torque: 248 ft-lbs
Weight: 1609 kg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic with manual mode
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: This Avalon is a special edition created to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Avalon nameplate, with a maximum of 2,500 made. It featured a unique black paint called Attitude Black and a special set of wheels exclusively for the Sport Edition. Inside, it contains black leather seats with blue stitching and blue-black pseudo carbon fiber accents. Performance wise, it can accelerate to 60 in a surprisingly quick 6.1 seconds and hits a top speed of 127 MPH. It can run the quarter mile in 14.5 seconds @ 98 MPH.​

g.jpg
Toyota-Avalon-XLE-Trg-Spt-LSR.jpg
2015-toyota-avalon-touringsprtedtn-03-1.jpg
 
A sedan with big engine, front wheel drive, and lots of unnecessary trim. SU
 
Toyota's take on the Peugeot face. My guess is the average buyer age must hover around 60.

Like the Impala that's also in the class, it can look surprisingly stately in profile. But it's still one of the least-cool car categories currently, so it sits at Uncool for me. Isn't trying hard enough to hit SU.
 
Meh personified.
 
A fancy Camry. A limited-run one at that. To me, average family sedans and limited production don't go hand-in-hand.

I don't want to give it an SU, as it is only a family sedan after all. Uncool.
 
Big fat pile of bleugh.

Uncool.
 
A big Japanese sedan that isn't particularly interesting in any aspect.

Meh.
 
They're nice to ride in, but that's all I really know about it. It'd probably make a fantastic rental car as well. It gets an uncool for being just middle of the road, average, and uninteresting.
 
Japanese front drive Buick built for the elderly. SU.
 
Well it does have good build quality without a doubt.

The engine dates to 2007, and moonlights in certain Lotus cars. Reliabile no doubt, and pretty punchy considering the target audience, who are a little long in the tooth themselves.

I give it an uncool.
 
How does its name take so many words to describe a four-door saloon?
 
Meh but barely
 
I think it's cool, but I see why a lot of people have an issue with it.
 
I have a soft spot for Avalons so... meh.
 
Not sure why but I actually kinda like it, it sure does look better than most of the other normal sedans right now imo.

Low cool.
 
It looks OK to me, but that weight.....

Uncool.
 
The quintessential elderly-mobile nameplate has been given a new lease of life.

Fifty shades of Meh.
 
Gonna be hard to explain when parked outside the VFW
 
Funnily enough, my dad asked me to nominate this car (he has one) and he's 50.
 
Much like the 300M Special. Except the basis for this SE is an order of magnitude less cool than a typical 300M.
 
"XLE Touring Sport Edition"

Just the trim name itself drops this car from a Meh to an Uncool. And not having much legroom in the interior doesn't help.
 
"XLE Touring Sport Edition"

Just the trim name itself drops this car from a Meh to an Uncool. And not having much legroom in the interior doesn't help.
To be fair, the legroom's pretty good. And I'm a pretty big guy.
 
To be fair, the legroom's pretty good. And I'm a pretty big guy.
But I did read the other day that the Nissan Sentra, a compact sedan, actually has more legroom than a new Avalon.
 
It sure is a car, uncool.

As a side note, I don't recall ever seeing an Avalon of any generation on the road.:odd:
 
That front grille brings it from a "Meh" to a really really really really really really uncool! Sorry.
 
What is a Toyota Avalon? Also...

<...>
and blue-black pseudo carbon fiber accents.​

I don't know what kept me from rating it "seriously uncool".
 
What is a Toyota Avalon? Also...



I don't know what kept me from rating it "seriously uncool".
The Avalon is Toyota's high end sedan, meant to sit above the Camry in the line-up.
 
Back