Engines:
Hydrogen fuel cell-powered motor
Power: 152 hp
Torque: 247 lb-ft.
Weight: 1850 kg
Transmission: 1-speed direct drive
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan
Additional Info: "The Toyota Mirai (Japanese for "future") is a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, one of the first hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles to be sold commercially."​
Toyota_Mirai_Fuel_Cell_Vehicle_2016-1-(1).jpg

ABTL_2016-Toyota-Mirai-Silver-Paint-Rear-Quarter.jpg

3055470-nydn-2016-toyota-mirai-front-quarter-left-jpg_2669969.jpg

Toyota-Mirai-interior-4.jpg

While it is the future of the automobile, it really is just plain ugly. That, and who would want to be seen driving a car powered by hydrogen? SU.

Another case of good in theory, not so much in practice. Especially since it looks like that.

Just a regular Uncool as the tech is on the right track.

Another case of good in theory, not so much in practice. Especially since it looks like that.

Just a regular Uncool as the tech is on the right track.

I especially agree with this notion. While I am not the biggest fan of alternatively-powered engines, I do admit that they have their uses. However, that is not an excuse to make the car look like that. If Toyota wants to convince us that this car is the right Mirai (see what I did here?) for us, they should also remember that some people don't buy a car for the tech alone. Honda did it better with the FCX Clarity, Toyota needs more practice.

The awkward design doesn't really convince me, so I'm afraid it's a SU car for me. The tech is right, yes. But the design is far away from being right...

Hydrogen is nice, but I'm not sure I can even comprehend how it looks. It's just so...confusing. Like they didn't know when to stop styling it. Meh.

Absolutely disgusting.

Seems like the Prius has been eating a bit too much...

So just feed a Prius McDonalds and you'll get this!

This would've been a perfectly fine car if:

1. It didn't look like a 22nd century Prius
2. Toyota USA didn't advertise the fact that it can run on BS.

Uncool.

I honestly think it's stylish. Better looking than the Prius, it has more power, and it's futuristic.

Cool.

Alternative fuel source: Check

Inexplicably weird and ugly styling just because it has an alternative fuel source: Check

Like the technology personally, but why on earth would they not just put it into a conservatively styled car? Serious uncool without a shadow of a doubt. This should be Toyota's whipping boy from now on, not the Prius.

I'm not implying that hydrogen is the way to go, but I will give it a 'meh' for technology........ but with Toyota designs sometimes, I could swear that they are #@%^*! with us.

Back