GTP Cool Wall: 2015+ Toyota Prius (4th Gen)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 73 comments

2015+ Toyota Prius (4th Gen)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2015+ Toyota Prius (4th Gen) nominated by @ToyGTone

20160220_185525.jpg

Body Style: 5-door hatchback
Engine: 1.8L I4 & EV motor
Power: 98 hp (ICE), 71 hp (E motor), 122 hp (combined hybrid system)
Torque: 105 lb-ft (ICE), 120 lb-ft (E motor)
Weight: 1375 kg
Transmission: CVT automatic
Drivetrain:
Front-engine, front wheel drive​

2016prius0.jpg
prius-372.jpg
Toyota-Prius-2016-(2)_0.jpg
2016-Toyota-Prius-19.jpg
prius_01_sept2015_0.jpg

Gotta admit it but while i don't like the 3rd gen Prius at all, i don't really hate it. This gen however is freakin' ugly :yuck: at least the older one were just boring.
Ether way, Prius are always SU.

Likely better than all previous generations of Prius combined, but those looks are sinful, and they also did this:

SU.

It's a Prius. There are a very small handful of cars that transcend car knowledge in their obvious lack of coolness (the only other specific example that springs to mind is the H2). Certainly they are demonized far beyond what they deserve, but the fact remains: You put a character in a Prius in a movie or TV show and the intent is understood, because the social stigma is heavily ingrained. It's essentially the Family Truckster of the new millennium, but applied to an actual vehicle rather than a parody of a type of vehicle.

2edgy styling and try-hard marketing don't help it any.

Cars associated with hybrid technology and electricity are gradually becoming cooler, then Toyota drops this. :ill:

To be fair, the new Prius Prime is better looking but that's a different model. This one is SU for me.

I never really favored the Prius, thanks to a very bland exterior and weird engine noise, but the new Prius makes me farther and farther from liking it. The car is so overstyled, to the point where it looks hideous, and the new Prius screams "Look at me, I'm unique" whenever I see one. I don't think I've ever seen taillights so unappealing on a production car before.

Seriously uncool. My vote for Priuses will always be SU, unless Toyota gets the styling down pat, and that doesn't seem very likely in the near future.

The equivalent of the McDonald's McPick2 in that it looks great in ads when they have it escaping the police and juicy and cheesy but in real life it looks like an angry cheese grater and is all a bit underwhelming. Sure this may be the best Prius ever but that's like the obligatory participation trophy you got at 6 or 8 or 10 or 21 years old.
Uncool

And what police department would actually use Priuses, when you can get a base Taurus or Charger for nearly the same price?

And what police department would actually use Priuses, when you can get a base Taurus or Charger for nearly the same price?
But.. but.. to catch a hybrid, you have to drive a hyrbid! 💡

Hybrid tech is cool, but this hybrid tech is wrapped in a cross-eyed, squinty, slightly perturbed looking body. Meh.

Why would you buy a Charger or Taurus for inner city traffic duty?
I guess that would be the exception, but even still, I bet there are probably better options than Priuses for inner-city patrolling. Forgive me if I'm incorrect, my knowledge on police vehicles isn't the greatest.

eco-economy box

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER Uncool

But hey, in fifty years time, maybe without the Prius, you'd have to put on swimming shorts and floaties for your daily commute.

eco-economy box

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER Uncool

But hey, in fifty years time, maybe without the Prius, you'd have to put on swimming shorts and floaties for your daily commute.

It would still be cooler than driving a Prius.

I have a favorable opinion for most all Toyotas.

Except for this one. Because of the typical self-righteous, self-centered owner. Because the disposal of the batteries on this thing does a lot of damage to the environment, and because it's super-ugly.

Seriously. Un. Cool.

I think I've only seen two of these so far. However, the one I did see had already been crashed and all airbags deployed....

SU for being so ugly.

Fastest SU I've ever given.

I've already seen 2 of them on the road. It's so ugly it makes the Youabian Puma look cool.

:ill:

To be honest, to me this is probably my favorite Prius. Really liking the design :sly:

For what it's worth however, it's still a Prius so it's getting a meh from me.

Seriously Uncool, no second thoughts. First reason; just look at it. Dear lord, those headlights, that grill; it's pretty much Toyota continuing their recent design trend of making pointy headlights & grills that make me go "what were they thinking?!" There's that and the inevitable people that will buy it, people like this:

The last thing that makes it SU for me is their advertising. Oh god the advertising, they're trying to make it sound like it's an exciting car when it isn't. Toyota is trying too hard with it and that's what ultimately makes me vote it SU.

Back