GTP Cool Wall: 2016 Elibriea Equvallas Concept

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 86 comments

2016 Elibriea Equvallas Concept

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should swap the quoted engine specs for "wind powered".

That said, it does do more than your typical vaporware fantasy in that it exists, moves and even turns. Which sucks for everyone aware of its miserable existence.

@Famine wasn't actually serious when he said that, right? Because there are frequent car suggesters that never view the Auto News section, like @StarLight, @Tsukishima, @BJahalt88, and @Astrogildo and they might suggest the car not knowing what Famine said. It would be unfair to ban them for that.
I actually take a look at some sections of the forum like the "Auto News" and the "Cars in General" sometimes, I just never post. :sly:

Send this car to hell. Now. And Arabians have a track record of making bad cars. First the Devel and now this?

*I hope there's more though.

Seriously Uncool.

a8bcQ.gif

I'm noticing a tend whenever I vote. If the initial picture makes me say "eww", there's a very, very, very good chance that I'm gonna vote Seriously Uncool.

Guess what happened this time.

I'm not a fan of it at all. Its absurdity is mildly interesting, not appealing (or unappealing; it's just a dumb concept).
Oh so THATS why you voted sub zero! Oh right that was confusing me... Oh wait no that still makes 0% sense.

Lambo's are bad enough, and this looks like a Lambo turned up to 11 :lol:

Seriously uncool (if they ever produce it).

what am i looking at this thing is horrible looks like the batmobile gone wrong instant SU
('~' ) i can't even

I'm sure the name sounds nice when spoken in the proper language, but in English it sounds as terrible as the car looks.

Seriously Uncool.

SU because it's completely hideous. To anyone seriously voting above SU - you might think it's quirky and interesting, but I can guarantee that everyone else is going to think you're an utter ponce because not only is it (or would it be, even - for once being a non-production concept actually IMPROVES the car slightly) an ugly car, it would be an ugly supercar.

I'm abstinating from voting, though. The sooner joke submissions like these are banned from the cool wall, the better; is it really worth giving up a potentially engaging thread just so that we can repeat what's already being said in the respective auto news thread, just with an extra two letters added to each post?

While the front is absolutely superfluous, I don't really mind it. But that ass... good lord. I'm betting the design meeting (like they had any!) involved the comment "let's design in the largest Citroën logo EVAR!"

Oh so THATS why you voted sub zero! Oh right that was confusing me... Oh wait no that still makes 0% sense.
I consider a thread of nothing but "+1" posts to be a waste, and coming up with reasons to give it an ironic SZ vote was a more valuable use of my time than adding onto the SU pile or throwing out a Meh.

...I can guarantee that everyone else is going to think you're an utter ponce...
...like any other contemporary supercar/hypercar?

Taking pride in the Equvallas' hopeless aspirations would be particularly embarrassing, yes, but if you're in on the joke I think you'd be as popular as driving the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile. You can't say the Equvallas wouldn't be a conversation starter.

...is it really worth giving up a potentially engaging thread just so that we can repeat what's already being said in the respective auto news thread, just with an extra two letters added to each post?
Exactly how I feel.

...like any other contemporary supercar/hypercar?

Yes, most contemporary supercars/hypercars are incredibly uncool, but they also at least either look somewhat appealing, or go somewhat fast, or maybe have a somewhat interesting heritage. This has none of those things - the quirkiness is the SOLE '''''''''appeal''''''''' here.

Taking pride in the Equvallas' hopeless aspirations would be particularly embarrassing, yes, but if you're in on the joke I think you'd be as popular as driving the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile. You can't say the Equvallas wouldn't be a conversation starter.

The thing is, the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile is very obviously a humorous car, whereas this... I don't know the exact words to describe it, but the point is that whilst people are going to laugh at this car, they're still going to think you're actually serious about driving it until you tell them otherwise (at which point they're just going to say 'why are you driving this instead of something cool, like the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile?')

It's definitely a conversation starter, but I don't think that makes it cool. Piers Morgan is a talking point as well, and he's about as cool as soggy room temperature McDonalds fries.

These joke nominations are seriously getting old.
@Neddo couldn't put it in the GT suggestion forum (for fear of being banned by @Famine) along with their thousands of other suggestions, so this was the only other place.

Even if it weren't so profoundly ugly, it's just another supercar concept and therefor not worth of anything higher than an SU vote from me.

Back