GTP Cool Wall: 2016 Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint (FG X)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 40 comments

2016 Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint (FG X)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016 Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint (FG X) nominated by @Murcie_LP640

ford-falcon-xr6-sprint-fgx-100.jpg

Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: Barra 325 4.0L turbocharged I6
Power : 436 hp (496 hp on overboost)
Torque: 424 lb-ft (478 lb-ft on overboost)
Weight: 1818 kg
Transmission: 6-speed ZF automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: With production of the Ford Falcon ending in 2016, Ford Australia sought to bring out "one last hurrah" for its XR6 and XR8 sports models, culminating in the revival of the Sprint badge last officially seen on the Tickford-tuned ED XR8 in the 90s.

While the XR6 Sprint is badged as a regular Ford Falcon, the car combines all of the best bits from Prodrive's former tuning arm Ford Performance Vehicles with some extra breathing to eke out more power from the FPV F6's turbocharged straight-six. Both Sprints feature the same chassis and suspension, borrowed from the handling pack R-Spec FPVs but stiffened and tuned to suit the new Pirelli P-Zero tyres.​

2016-Ford-Falcon-XR6-Sprint-interior.jpg

Ford-Falcon_XR6_Sprint_Turbo-2016-800-02.jpg

Ford-Falcon_XR6_Sprint_Turbo-2016-800-11.jpg

2016-Ford-Falcon-XR6-Sprint-rear-630x392.jpg

Heavy, maybe. Underpowered though? This car will go from 0 to a super speeder citation in under 7 seconds, I think it has sufficient thrust.
Well comparing to others from europe like S63 it is kinda downpowered

Interior looks like it was nicked from the Mk 3 Mondeo and it looks too annonymous for a sports sedan apart from the big wheels and lip wing.

Meh.

Blame me as an American, but I think this Falcon looks like a regular Fusion/Mondeo with more power.*

*That power made it go from uncool to SU.

It's also probably a qtr of the price.

It's a bit dull looking, but compared to the usual Aussie super saloon, that's probably not such a bad thing.

Why did they decide to make it look almost exactly like a Fusion? Not that I dislike it, but at least the previous model Falcon looked nothing like the Fusion.

Would've been a meh if it weren't for those stripes, pushes the entire thing down to an uncool. Bordering seriously so, even.

Gotta love Aussie hoon mobiles, but this one looks TOO bland. The "One Ford" face makes it look too generic and the bodywork is too sedate, adding insult to injury that white paintjob is just absurdely boring.

The only thing saving it from Serious Uncoolness is that lovely Barra lump under 'da hood'.

heavy and underpowered, meh. and those stripes don't work at all

Absolute nonsense. If you think a 400hp car is "underpowered" it's obvious you haven't driven anything but a moped...your opinion is invalid.

Isn't the sprint sold to look bland on purpose?

Either way I hate modern Australian cars uncool.

Please share the drugs you are taking with everyone here.

Never thought I'd see the day when a 400hp+ car can be considered "underpowered". What a time to be alive.
Isn't the sprint sold to look bland on purpose?

Silly stripes aside. The blandness works for me. :lol: Quite like how subtle the Sprint package is. Low cool.

Last edited:
It loses a lot of points for the typical Ford fanboys that cite countless 1/4 mile times and that they don't care whether or not the interior looks like something that might have been somewhat decent quality back in the early 00s, but the XR6 Sprint is Cool in my eyes regardless for most of the same reasons that the luxury G6E Turbo is. It's understated but by no means should you underestimate just how quickly this car can shove you in the back of your seat.

It actually reminds me of the '98 Taurus SHO a bit. Bland and ugly at first glance, but can blow a lot of cars away at the light.

I give it a cool.

Back