1645235057358.png

Body Style: 4-door crew cab pickup truck
Engine: 2.0L turbocharged I4, 2.5L hybrid I4
Power: 191-250hp
Torque: 173-277 lb-ft
Weight: 1665kg
Transmission: CVT, 6-speed automatic
Drivetrain: front-engine front-wheel drive, front-engine all-wheel drive
Additional Information: With a starting price of $19,995, it is the cheapest pickup as well as Ford product on the US market. With 42 MPG, it is also the most fuel efficient truck for sale.
img-6792-jpg-1640815118.jpg

maverick-ogi.jpg

2022-Ford-Maverick-XLT-rear-left-3qtr.jpg

Maverick-HERO.jpg

2022-ford-maverick-dashboard-carbuzz-855913.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good car, especially if you can find it in the hybrid spec anywhere. It's cool to see Ford trying something new, but the car itself isn't super cool. It's not bad of course, just meh. It's great that it's so cheap though (again, if you can find one of those).

Also, it's great finding pictures for the OP, and finding weird renders from a few years ago. The funniest one I saw:
823780.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, boy... not another truck or SUV! Well, hold your brakes a bit. I actually like the Ford Maverick a lot. I have been a bit more fond of the mid-size pickup truck segment lately than most full-size offerings. This Maverick, however, is below most of the mid-size trucks. Even MotorWeek praised this truck. Others may say "Meh" or worse because there is nothing real cool or inviting about it. However to me, I'm going Cool on this truck. It's cool, and dare I say... kind of cute as well.

Meh
I'm sure it's a great truck and all, but I don't find it that cool.
Also, is it weird that I like the base model with the steelies more than the other models?

It's more affordable and much less derpy looking than the Hyundai Santa Cruz, so it's certainly got that going for it. But like the Santa Cruz this is basically a crossover with the back cut open so it's going to be the lightest of light duty if deployed as a work vehicle, unless you drop the cash for the Ecoboost engine and AWD. The FWD model and hybrid engine will be fine enough for utility companies looking to replace the aging Chevy Colorados their workers use as transport vehicles, though.

Fairly high Meh. It's one of the nicest fleet vehicles I've seen, but it's hardly a replacement for the light truck segment that's been sitting abandoned for the last two decades.

This is neat, and it's something that Ford should have had coming off assembly lines a decade ago; but I can't say it's cool at all.

Quite a Meh design and looks rather over-bodied. A lower bonnet line would do wonders imho. Does seem to offer pretty good value for money though. Overall Meh.

Nothing goes together quite like Ford, Trucks and SU.

The only Ford truck I'd maybe vote cool is the SVT Raptor, but the rest are just for country-bumpkin rednecks tailgating you on the highway even though you're going 130, which is 50 over the speed limit. This one's just slightly less scary.

Back