GTP Cool Wall: Alpine A110 1600S

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 62 comments

Alpine A110 1600S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well if it helps I think all 4 cylinders sounds like utter garbage.
Did you miss where you were told to get back on topic of the Alpine's coolness?

Alright I'm done :lol:
Yes, you should be. Remember how many points away from a ban you are, and remember that going directly against moderator instruction should probably have taken you over that... 💡

Sounds cool, looks cool, has a good racing pedigree. But through all that, I just can't seem to get excited about it the way a true sub-zero car should be. It just doesn't tug at the heartstrings right, I guess. I'll go with cool.

Sounds cool, looks cool, has a good racing pedigree. But through all that, I just can't seem to get excited about it the way a true sub-zero car should be. It just doesn't tug at the heartstrings right, I guess. I'll go with cool.

I was always like that until I saw one in person and realised just how compact and fantastic it looks. There's a battered matte-blue one which does some events and is often on the show circuit over here. It's on French plates, so assume it does rallies over there too. It's even cooler when it's not shiny and polished.

I was also pretty meh about them until I rode shotgun in one several years ago, it's a heavily tuned track car that competes in the Vintage Cup over here, but of course that doesn't stop the owner from using it to transport stuff, even paper boxes, for his printing business in it, racing slicks and all.

It was at an open track event and the thing flat-out hauled butt, the car has a multi-Weber 2 litre engine so it was pretty fast, and the corners went by like chocolate cookies. The guy actually outran a couple N/A 911s that were on the same group, and while they ate the car in the straights, I was surprised to see that the Alpine actually reeled the Porsches in at the twists. That made me a for-life fan. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to own one. Super-rare over here, even though they were officially sold in Mexico.

Sub Zero. Because one of the few RR lay-out rallycars. Also light, nimble, and absolutely gorgeous to look at. For once, the French got it 100% right. Also, has nice performance out of 1.6 considering the era.

There is literally nothing I dislike about this car. It even competed in my favorite form of motorsports, and the fact that it was a winner should cast aside any childish cheap shots at its engine.

It's a beautiful, successful, rear-engined, lightweight coupe. My vote is sub-zero.

Sub Zero. Definitely. This car looks awesome, has a great rallying history, and just look at the color of it! :drool:

Some of these comments on here... ugh. They're making my brain hurt from the absolute stupidity of them.

There are some cars you don't even ask about. They go at the frozen end of the fridge.

This is one of them.

-

Even if it weren't a rally-winning marvel of French engineering, the fact that it's a rear-engined sportscar that looks absolutely nothing like an Arse-engined Nazi Slotcar (What's that you say? The layout dictates the shape?) would be enough to ensure frostiness.

Fast successful rally car done French style. Sub-zero.

Aforementioned slightly battered and well-used Alpine:

1011010_10100535796656613_644480166_n.jpg

941202_10100535796661603_98639347_n.jpg

Classic cars are cool.
French cars are cool.
Rear engined cars are cool.
Rare cars are cool.
Cars with history are cool.

So Sub-Zero that it uses liquid nitrogen as heat pads.

Normally I'd say it's meh or something because it's a French car, but the Alpine is such a cool car, & I love it. Can't help but rate Sub-Zero cool. Rich history in rallying including the Rallye Monte Carlo in its home country of France. 👍

Normally I'd say it's meh or something because it's a French car, but the Alpine is such a cool car, & I love it. Can't help but rate Sub-Zero cool. Rich history in rallying including the Rallye Monte Carlo in its home country of France. 👍

The Monte Carlo rally is in Monte Carlo, not France.

I'd say find a deep-storage freezer with a bank-vault style lock on it.

Why I voted Sub-Zero;

~Rally car, proven to be a winner
~Styling (unique, and with the engine layout... smokin'.)
~My affinity for certain French cars/manufacturers (Renault, Alpine, Venturini, Peugeot)
~The color (Bleu Alpine according to GT5; looks damn good.)

No intentional copying of others' posts were done.

It may not be the one Misato Katsuragi drove, but it's an Alpine and it's GORGEOUS.

Sub-Zero. No...

0K. ABSOLUTE ZERO!

Sub-zero without a shred of doubt

it's the only french car of that era that looked good, it was a rally car, it's an Alpine, and you know a car is legendary when it spawns something this badass dedicated to it :drool:

2012-renault-alpine-a110--5_600x0w.jpg

/thread

It's good you have an affinity for the brand, if not, you could have probably written it with b, or who knows, replace the i with an y.

Really? Affinity?

...I really am confused by this, I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. Did I spell it wrong or something?

Yes, affinity. Along with other obscure/slightly questionable cars/manufacturers.

Haven't logged in for ages, but I had to for this so I could vote sub-zero. But of course it's closed. Glad we came to the right result.

I don't think we've ever had such a definitive inclussion of a car in the sub-zero firdge? This destroyed everything :crazy:

Back