• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2008+* Aston Martin V8 Vantage suggested by V8_Vantage :.

08413121990001-480.jpg

Specs:
Base price: $126,400
Engine: 4.3-liter V-8, 380 hp/302 lb-ft
Transmission: Six-speed manual
Length x width x height: 172.5 x 73.5 x 50.0 in
Wheelbase: 102.5 in
Curb weight: 3770 lb
Fuel economy (EPA city/hwy): 13/27 mpg
Warranty: Four years/50,000 miles

*The car was updated in May of 2008, it's still a V8 Vantage but there were enough minor tweaks.

Last edited:
Lovely, lovely, lovely... and probably the car that will replace our 911 in a year or so.

Though a bit too common a shape now to be sub-zero

Cool. I had a hard time with this one, everyone and their brother seems to own one and the V8 Vantage has actually be black listed in my car spotting pursuits. It's too Bentley Continental GT and Maserati Quattroporte for it to be sub-zero. Really the only two things that save it from being uncool is that it's British and it sounds like you put god in a wood chipper.

Last edited:
^How is it now Indian? Are you not getting confused with Jaguar?

Aston is still owned by David Richards and Prodrive as far as I know....seeing as they are still running Prodrive-prepped racecars.

Anyway, it gets a cool from me, looks, good engine, good handling and some decent success in various motorsport series. Its also nice to have a lower end Ferrari and Porsche competitor.
Not Sub Zero because isn't quite that brilliant, it isn't a particularly original design anymore and is a fairly predictable follow on from the success of the DB9.

If it was a DB9 or DB7 it would be Sub Zero from me.

^How is it now Indian? Are you not getting confused with Jaguar?

Apparently I am, I'm not sure what I was thinking to be honest. I guess I should have said Kuwaiti?

Mehhhhuuummehhhhh... cool, just. A beautiful car like all Astons, but as with Bentleys, Ferraris, Range Rovers and other such cars they have an image that's slightly tarnished by the people that drive them. I live in a football city, and a large proportion of the moron footballers drive them and drive them badly. They all have personalised registrations which I hate too.

This is a car clinging to cool by it's virtues when the weight of idiocy is hanging onto its heels trying to drag it into the abyss...

The V8 Vantage is one of my favourite cars in production today, has the looks, the sound and the image. Sub zero. Should also add that thankfully you dont get many footballers down my way, so its a bit easier to ignore their ownership of them!

The V12 version on the other hand drops to uncool, cant stand those silly black vents on the bonnet which just spoil the whole car!

Really the only two things that save it from being uncool is that it's British and it sounds like you put god in a wood chipper.

Rofl:lol::lol:

I think it's cool, but it does get annoying when you can't tell them apart from one another.

I'm torn... sure... it's the same on the outside as all other Astons (or same enough for government work...) but it's the right size, and it has the right engine. And... well... it's just that bit cooler than the overwrought larger models...

And since when is being beautiful a bad thing? That the looks are good enough not to need changing is a sign that here, they got it absolutely right the first time. Not like other cars that get mid-model upgrades where designers "fix" the odd headlamp or tail-lamp that they purposely disfigured on the original model.

Sub-zero. Just. I like it.

Cool. I never really liked Aston's that much but I would love to have a '77-'89 Vantage. The new one's are alright but they really aren't my type of car.

Anything less than Sub-Zero would be a crime. Especially following the updates that made the sexy car even better.

It doesn't really evoke that much intensity for its price tag or have the mystique of most luxury sports cars, so i'm just going to give it a Cool.

Uncool. Too much money for a car that IMO is the same, or very close to every other Aston out there. This car does not have 150,000 dollar horsepower, or anything else that makes me say ooooh! I'd be overjoyed to drop 62,000$ at my local Chevy dealership and drive home a new Z06, which would out perform this car in every department, aside from interior quality and the status of the badge. The Z06 likely gets worse fuel economy. Even the Z51 Corvette should run all over this car. I just can't justify the cost for the Aston since I'd rather have a cheap performer than an expensive car that won't do anything better. Though it would be cool to go all 007 around town, they just don't stand out to me, not anymore anyway.

Edit: Alright, perhaps it's unfair to compare the Aston like that, I'm sure it's a great car. I was just saying that I don't think for what it can do, along with the over used styling, that it warrants it's price tag. Which for me, detracts from it's cool factor.

Last edited:
LSX
Uncool. Too much money for a car that IMO is the same, or very close to every other Aston out there. This car does not have 150,000 dollar horsepower, or anything else that makes me say ooooh! I'd be overjoyed to drop 62,000$ at my local Chevy dealership and drive home a new Z06, which would out perform this car in every department, aside from interior quality and the status of the badge. The Z06 likely gets worse fuel economy. Even the Z51 Corvette should run all over this car. I just can't justify the cost for the Aston since I'd rather have a cheap performer than an expensive car that won't do anything better. Though it would be cool to go all 007 around town, they just don't stand out to me, not anymore anyway.

Doesn't have to be practical or sensible to be cool. In fact, most of the time those two words are not usually connected with cool cars.

Besides, I seem to remember you saying you aren't interested in Lotus cars despite them being what you just described (apart from inferior quality).

LSX
This car does not have 150,000 dollar horsepower, or anything else that makes me say ooooh! I'd be overjoyed to drop 62,000$ at my local Chevy dealership and drive home a new Z06, which would out perform this car in every department...

While I do agree with the Corvette love, the updates to the Aston make the $120K pricetag seem worth it.* The extra BHP and the updated suspension makes it a more entertaining drive, and certainly a better alternative to an overdone 911 (and I LOVE me some 911) or an R8. You're buying the badge and the coachwork, and I'd say its worth it. The sound, the look, and the prestige make a convincing argument for both cool, and a serious competitor in the market.

* Yes, I do realize you can buy a ZR1 for that much

I cannot in principle give it Sub-Zero. It is easily my favorite currently-sold Aston (I loathe the DB9 and friends), and probably the best on currently sold as well. Despite this:

• Not the silly V12 version.
  • Technically the "Base Porsche Boxster" of the Aston range.
  • A true V8 Vantage needs a 5.3L V8 engine and should weigh even more than a 3000GT.

Besides, I seem to remember you saying you aren't interested in Lotus cars despite them being what you just described (apart from inferior quality).

Your right, but I think I may also have said something about them being too small. The Corvette is a cheap performer that has everything I want in a car. The Lotus is probably very fun to drive, but would an Atom not be in the same price range (I don't know). I don't dislike foreign cars , I just have somewhat of a V8 bias and the same holds true to American Performance cars, however lacking their interiors may be. I try not to vote with it. This body style that Aston won't let die was very cool to me, when it first came about. I was just saying that IMO if I wanted a cool car, I'd spend half as much and be just as happy as someone who likes Astons. Sure the same could be true for a Lotus, I just don't like them however well they may preform. That's alright though, plenty of people would not like a Corvette no matter how well it preforms.

1999 version of this car would be Sub-Zero,83%. But this version gets an uncool marking, 47%

It's an Aston. It's beautiful. It performs pretty well. I love it. I want one.

Cool. It just doesn't have quite enough to make it sub-zero. I would want more awesome to bump it up a level.

Its sooo much cooler thant some of the tat that's been voted cool I'm tempted to got for Sub-zero, but I can't because to me, an Aston Martin Vantage (like in the 90's) is about the coolest car there is..

759572.jpg

.. and that's what a vantage should look like.

Back