GTP Cool Wall - Lamborghini Espada 400 GTE

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 82 comments

Lamborghini Espada

• Total voters
As a ford guy and a mustang guy and that being my favorite body style mustang you can not compare the styling of these two the lambos ugly and the mustangn is a work of art. by the way for those who were wondering thats 71-73 mustang so the stang came first

I'm sorry but that's just a 🤬 argument. They look incredibely alike, I admit, and you are telling me that the Ford is a work of art and the Lamborghini is ugly? 👎 It's like having two blonde look-alikes, one American and Italian and saying one is ugly just because she's Italian. I like the Mustang (Even though I hate and dread most Fords) but I just like the Espada more, and you wont see me saying the Mustang is ugly without a proper reason.

The Espada came first in '68.

And I feel sorry to be so harsh on you, but somebody (McLaren) just demonstrated you aren't quite a Mustang guy. Also, your spelling says otherwise.

Last edited:
While I agree the car is quite... ugly... It'll never fail to turn heads when it drives by, or when someone walks by it. so I'll give it a cool... Would've been a sub-zero if it weren't for that hatch looking thing in the back.

The Espada doesn't look permenantly bad, the basic design works, case in point, that Mustang, but I think with a little fixing, it'd work well.

I
And I feel sorry to be so harsh on you, but somebody just demonstrated you aren't quite a Mustang guy. Also, your spelling says otherwise.
Except I'm right. The Espada came first before the Mustang body style that LSX compared the Lamborghini to, so the whole "Which one came first?" was not the Mustang.

Get your facts straight.

If it weren't for the Lamborghini badges, I would guess it to be a Ford or Chevrolet and when you're a sports car brand, that's normally a bad thing.

-Uncool

Except I'm right. The Espada came first before the Mustang body style that LSX compared the Lamborghini to, so the whole "Which one came first?" was not the Mustang.

Get your facts straight.

:confused::confused::confused: What???

I wasn't arguing with you mate, In fact I appreciate your contribution to the conversation. I just used your quote while arguing with TaurusSHO. I hope you aren't offended man, sorry, My bad :dunce:.

:confused::confused::confused: What???

I wasn't arguing with you mate, In fact I appreciate your contribution to the conversation. I just used your quote while arguing with TaurusSHO. I hope you aren't offended man, sorry, My bad :dunce:.
Ah, my apologies. It seemed you had just quoted me, & I was wondering how I was wrong. Didn't know you were actually directing that towards Taurus.

Sorry again. :)

I'm sorry but that's just a 🤬 argument. They look incredibely alike, I admit, and you are telling me that the Ford is a work of art and the Lamborghini is ugly? 👎 It's like having two blonde look-alikes, one American and Italian and saying one is ugly just because she's Italian. I like the Mustang (Even though I hate and dread most Fords) but I just like the Espada more, and you wont see me saying the Mustang is ugly without a proper reason.

And I feel sorry to be so harsh on you, but somebody (McLaren) just demonstrated you aren't quite a Mustang guy. Also, your spelling says otherwise.

while i agree that are similar in basic shape. i think that there different enough that (i) think the ford looks a whole lot better(although i may be biased). heres a "proper reason" why i think that ford is a good looking car and lambo is not a good looking car. the slope of the roofline on the lambo is more gradual and rounded plus the shape of the window behind the door makes the car look awkward. while the mustang has a sharply slanting and flat roofline plus the small window and shape of the side panel makes it look more proportioned. i think with the lambo this and how tall the roof is makes is awkward and weird looking. although their shapes are similar this makes the ford a better looking car. also the nose on the ford just looks better to me and thats the bad grill for that bodystyle. thats a 73 mustang, go look at a 71-72. its the same bodystyle but the grill is better looking plus it doesnt have the ugly 5 mph bumper that the 73s have.

to your second point, the reason i thought the mustang came first is i was going by the date at the top of the thread which says 72. which after looking at wikipedia i see is the S3 although the basic design was launched in 68before this bodystyle of mustang. which proves that im not a lambo guy but does not prove im not mustang guy. ive been a ford guy all my life and i come from long line of ford lovers and i pride myself om my ford knowledge especially the mustang. ask me any mustang related question and ill get it. if your refering to the fact that the mustang came in 64 1/2 i was not taking about the mustang first appeared. i was talking abou this paticular bodystyle of mustang which lasted from 71-73.

As for your coment about my spelling i agree with you i tend to make mistakes when i type fast. plus a really bad habit of not checking my spelling becuase im used to having a typing program or forum with a spellchecker.

Last edited:
Not one of Lambo's best efforts... not a good looking car to my eyes.

Uncool.

That car is horrendous. Uncool.

LSX
I think this...
1123o.jpg

Looks too much like this, only with an even worse rear end.
73Mach1_lf_01.jpg

Wonder which one came first? :lol:

Not a fan of this car, it's well, just ugly. It looks like there were good intentions with this car, then someone thought it needed rear seats, because it's mostly good up until the drivers window ends. V12's are cool, this car however is just uncool.

How can you compare that monstrosity to the lovely Eleanor? (original)

gonein60seconds0008iw.jpg

at current, no-vote. On one hand, it is a Lamborghini, a proper, V12, built-by-a-tractor-company Lamborghini, but it also looks like someone took a '71 Mustang and squashed it. It's grown in every direction but up. It's a pancake car.

and I thought this up before seeing LSX's post.

I suppose I could apply the rose-tint-glasses rule and say that age has made it look better...certainly hasn't made it run better.

Y'know...Uncool.

I find this Lamborghini to be much, much better looking than the newer ones. And the Mustang looks a lot like the Espada, people, deal with it. Both have awesome looks. Sub-Zero for the Mustang. :D

while i agree that are similar in basic shape. i think that there different enough that (i) think the ford looks a whole lot better(although i may be biased). heres a "proper reason" why i think that ford is a good looking car and lambo is not a good looking car. the slope of the roofline on the lambo is more gradual and rounded plus the shape of the window behind the door makes the car look awkward. while the mustang has a sharply slanting and flat roofline plus the small window and shape of the side panel makes it look more proportioned. i think with the lambo this and how tall the roof is makes is awkward and weird looking. although their shapes are similar this makes the ford a better looking car. also the nose on the ford just looks better to me and thats the bad grill for that bodystyle. thats a 73 mustang, go look at a 71-72.

It sounds to me like you're just comparing the two bodystyles and looking for the differences. You have to agree that from a designer's viewpoint, they are extremely alike and it's more than clear that one style imitates the other... granted, the 'stang's style has been 'improved' somewhat but the overall shape is still there and it's still a hell to drive... especially if you had to back up into a parking space!

I'm not putting you down because you're saying you're a Mustang buff, but keep in mind this is a car/gaming forum and there's a lot of people who are buffs on different kinds of cars and the Mustang is quite popular, so while you may know a lot about them, there's also people who may know more. I personally have owned 3 Mustangs, a '69 (428CJ engine :sly), a '81 and a '97 (GT) plus about three other Fords (a '64 Falcon, a '01 Mondeo and a '94 Festiva).

while i agree that are similar in basic shape. i think that there different enough that (i) think the ford looks a whole lot better(although i may be biased). heres a "proper reason" why i think that ford is a good looking car and lambo is not a good looking car. the slope of the roofline on the lambo is more gradual and rounded plus the shape of the window behind the door makes the car look awkward. while the mustang has a sharply slanting and flat roofline plus the small window and shape of the side panel makes it look more proportioned. i think with the lambo this and how tall the roof is makes is awkward and weird looking. although their shapes are similar this makes the ford a better looking car. also the nose on the ford just looks better to me and thats the bad grill for that bodystyle. thats a 73 mustang, go look at a 71-72. its the same bodystyle but the grill is better looking plus it doesnt have the ugly 5 mph bumper that the 73s have.

to your second point, the reason i thought the mustang came first is i was going by the date at the top of the thread which says 72. which after looking at wikipedia i see is the S3 although the basic design was launched in 68before this bodystyle of mustang. which proves that im not a lambo guy but does not prove im not mustang guy. ive been a ford guy all my life and i come from long line of ford lovers and i pride myself om my ford knowledge especially the mustang. ask me any mustang related question and ill get it. if your refering to the fact that the mustang came in 64 1/2 i was not taking about the mustang first appeared. i was talking abou this paticular bodystyle of mustang which lasted from 71-73.

As for your coment about my spelling i agree with you i tend to make mistakes when i type fast. plus a really bad habit of not checking my spelling becuase im used to having a typing program or forum with a spellchecker.

Now, thats a more propper argument đź‘Ť. I believe you are completely entitled to your opinion, as long as you support it correctly ;).

It sounds to me like you're just comparing the two bodystyles and looking for the differences. You have to agree that from a designer's viewpoint, they are extremely alike and it's more than clear that one style imitates the other... granted, the 'stang's style has been 'improved' somewhat but the overall shape is still there and it's still a hell to drive... especially if you had to back up into a parking space!

I'm not putting you down because you're saying you're a Mustang buff, but keep in mind this is a car/gaming forum and there's a lot of people who are buffs on different kinds of cars and the Mustang is quite popular, so while you may know a lot about them, there's also people who may know more. I personally have owned 3 Mustangs, a '69 (428CJ engine :sly), a '81 and a '97 (GT) plus about three other Fords (a '64 Falcon, a '01 Mondeo and a '94 Festiva).

ya i totally agree that there very much a like. i wasnt just looking for differences though. he asked me to give a proper reason why even thought there similar in shape i think the ford is good looking and why i think the lambo is ugly. thats what i did i gave the reasons why i had this point of view.

im not saying that im the only mustang guy or the only ford guy on here and your probaly right theres probally lots of people on here who know more then me. if you read back the reason i said what i said is the fact that he said that i wasnt a mustang guy. i take offenece to someone says something about me thats untrue without knowing me in person. thats all

also you never replied on are little descussion on how the lambo is outdated looking seen below:

you responded like this:
Seriously, where do you come from saying a 70s car is out dated? It's like saying cars from the 1920s look old... well duh!

and i responded like this:
i didnt mean it looked old, i simply mean that some cars looks stand the test of time. wheres i find a lot of these cars from that decade just dont. Your example of 1920s cars, yes there old but the look of them makes them classics and nostalgic where as this and lot of cars from the 70s and for that fact 80s and 90s, there just old cars. plus i also said its ugly its so like homeforsummer said its so badly proportioned and weird looking

what do you have to say about that?

also you never replied on are little descussion on how the lambo is outdated looking seen below:

you responded like this:
Seriously, where do you come from saying a 70s car is out dated? It's like saying cars from the 1920s look old... well duh!

and i responded like this:
i didnt mean it looked old, i simply mean that some cars looks stand the test of time. wheres i find a lot of these cars from that decade just dont. Your example of 1920s cars, yes there old but the look of them makes them classics and nostalgic where as this and lot of cars from the 70s and for that fact 80s and 90s, there just old cars. plus i also said its ugly its so like homeforsummer said its so badly proportioned and weird looking

what do you have to say about that?

I disagree. A Lambo Miura might stand the test of time, but it'll always look outdated. Most car designs follow the time's design trends, so it's quite obvious that after a few years it'll look outdated. Same happens with the Lambo Countach, I remember in the 1980s it was an amazing looking car, yet in 1995 it looked horrendous.

A 70s car will always look outdated today.

I disagree. A Lambo Miura might stand the test of time, but it'll always look outdated. Most car designs follow the time's design trends, so it's quite obvious that after a few years it'll look outdated. Same happens with the Lambo Countach, I remember in the 1980s it was an amazing looking car, yet in 1995 it looked horrendous.

A 70s car will always look outdated today.

I disagree i think the Miura is not out dated. i think its probally one of the more beautful cars ever built like said on Top Gear. I think its one of those cars were instead of going "you know that cars from the 70s" "Ya, it shows" like the Espada. With the Miura you say the statement the answer is totally different something along the lines of "Wow, they really knew how to make cars back then". The Countach is a weird one. I think the overall shape of the car is actually quite stunning but i think the early 70s cars are nicer then 80s and 90s ones. i think that in the 80s excess way they started putting too many scoops and wings on it and it started to look look gawdy. but the gawdy ones will stand the test of time becuase evn non car people know them as symbol of the 80s.

Dude, seriously... put the spell checker and the comma in your 'things I need to use' list.

I think you're biased towards liking cars from the 70s and not liking cars from the 80s. While I agree that many cars made in the past look even better than today's cars, they'll all look lke they were made a long time ago and lack the 'aerodynamicness' that today's cars have.

Back