GTP Cool Wall - Lamborghini Espada 400 GTE

• Thread starter Tornado
  • 82 comments

Lamborghini Espada

• Total voters
TaurusSHO: Firefox has a built-in spell-check function. If you're having so much trouble, get that browser.

I think you're biased towards liking cars from the 70s and not liking cars from the 80s. While I agree that many cars made in the past look even better than today's cars, they'll all look lke they were made a long time ago and lack the 'aerodynamicness' that today's cars have.

i can think of lots of cars form the 80s, i mean a lot of them fall into the catgorey of just old cars and you probally wont think there pretty but i do i like them a lot more then the Espada

I'm noticing that if the voting were to be stopped now, this car would fall under "uncool" even though nearly double the votes went to the cool or subzero categories

Perhaps a new system should be put in place? take an average of each of the votes in a point system:

2 sub zero
1 cool
-1 uncool
-2 seriously uncool

add them up and average them to find the car's quotient "cool level"
in this it would be SZ(21x2)+C(23x1)+UC(27x-1)+SUC(0x-2)= 42+23-27 = 38

then average.. 38/71= .53 which would round up to 1
which means COOL

That way if 99 people say Sub-Zero, 99 people say Cool, and then 100 people say seriously uncool, the 99 votes that went to subzero aren't counted out.

Wrong place for this, I feel. Take it to the nomination/discussion thread.

Though I find that incredibly contrived. Popular vote works fine.

I think that the Espada is the exception that will prove the rule.

While I personally voted sub-zero, I can see good reasons for this car to get an "uncool", thus won't be particularly bothered if you philistines gentlemen decide to vote it so.

This is funny... The Espada may have the distinction of being the lowest-scored car to have no seriously uncool votes at all... :lol:

EDIT: Damnit! Who voted seriously uncool! We almost had a record! :ouch:

Last edited:
I waited three pages before I said that... I'm sorry... that's all the self-restraint I have.

Espada haterz! Put joor votes in "Uncool"! We'll make this the uncoolist car in ja heestory!

I waited three pages before I said that... I'm sorry... that's all the self-restraint I have.

Espada haterz! Put joor votes in "Uncool"! We'll make this the uncoolist car in ja heestory!

Now look what you've done! There's a vote for "Seriously uncool" :lol::lol::lol: ;).

You'd have to explain to people how it's a Lambo.
Sounds like a positive to me.

Anyways, I've always found the pre-Countach Lambos to be pretty nifty, showing how Feruccio was feeling around markets before the Countach was shown and everyone went crazy-go-nuts. Cool.

I'm noticing that if the voting were to be stopped now, this car would fall under "uncool" even though nearly double the votes went to the cool or subzero categories

Perhaps a new system should be put in place? take an average of each of the votes in a point system:

2 sub zero
1 cool
-1 uncool
-2 seriously uncool

add them up and average them to find the car's quotient "cool level"
in this it would be SZ(21x2)+C(23x1)+UC(27x-1)+SUC(0x-2)= 42+23-27 = 38

then average.. 38/71= .53 which would round up to 1
which means COOL

That way if 99 people say Sub-Zero, 99 people say Cool, and then 100 people say seriously uncool, the 99 votes that went to subzero aren't counted out.
We've already discussed this probably literally dozens of times.

I voted Sub-zero because:

1) It doesn't look like all the popular classic beautiful cars. I tend to be completely unmoved by supermodels, too.

2) It's a GT from the time when people knew what GT meant.

3) I've driven one. In fact, it's the fastest I've ever driven: 140+mph down an empty, beautifully engineered 2-lane blacktop with wide shoulders, in the middle of the night.

That being said, it would be an awful car to live with. At low speeds, it drove like a cross between a heavy delivery truck and an armored personnel carrier in a free-fire zone. But once you got it up north of 80 and pushing 100, it all started to come together. It also pulled like a locomotive once the revs got up... and that song!

It's ugly as sin, even for a car designed in the 1970's and you are going to have to explain it to people. I wasn't even really aware of this car until I looked it up on Wikipedia and read about it. It isn't seriously uncool being a Lamborghini and all, but it's still getting an uncool vote from me.

Its a Lamborghini, a big middle finger to Maranello. Sub Zero

Seriously Uncool because it's not the sort of Lambo you buy because you need to compensate for certain areas...

Which therefore defeats the purpose of being a Lambo.

Seriously Uncool because it's not the sort of Lambo you buy because you need to compensate for certain areas...

Which therefore defeats the purpose of being a Lambo.
That's not the purpose of a Lamborghini, & definitely was not even close to why the Espada was made.
IMO Ferrari is much better than Lamborghini.👍
Also the Ferrari 550 Maranello is much cooler than the Espada, but then we would have to find out 29 car votes later.
Why exactly are you bringing up the 550 in relation to the Espada when there's a 28 year difference?

IMO Ferrari is much better than Lamborghini.👍
Also the Ferrari 550 Maranello is much cooler than the Espada, but then we would have to find out 29 car votes later.

In case that like me you don't know about the Ferrari 412 (the true comparison as suggested by Toronado), here's a picture:

Ferrari_412_1.jpg

IT'S HIDEOUS!!!!!!! The Espada has controversial looks, but the ones on the 412 are plain ugly, it also has headlight like the ones on the latest RX-7, which looked good in a Japanese roto-rocket, but not in a Ferrari. The Espada might need an argument to explain why it's a Lamborghini, the Ferrari needs a whole essay.

Back